How do you manage your email?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Yumunum, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

Who's service(s) do you use? (Gmail, iCloud, Yahoo, ect.)
    Do you delete every message once you're done with it?
    Do you have a separate email for spam?
    Ect, ect, ect... I basically just wanna see how other people manage their emails.

I've always used Gmail, and hoarded my emails... but when I tried moving everything to iCloud, I completely screwed everything up. So I don't have much to say for myself, lol.

You guys (and girls)?

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Gmail using Mac Mail app. I wouldn't have it any other way. I never log on the browser client of gmail. I used to delete all the emails that were ads, but lately I've let them just pile up. Doesn't bother me anymore.

3. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Gmail and I use a mixture of Outlook IMAP and my phone. At most I archive things but most of the time I just let it sit there and do not mess with it after I read it.
    I have well over 7k worth of emails in my inbox alone dating back like 2006ish when I started actively using the account. The acccount dates back to when Gmail was invite only. I grab the account name but never really used it for a little while. I started looking for a job and well it got bumped to being active because it was much more professional looking than what used to be my account and been using it ever sense.

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

2 Gmail accounts
    1 iCloud account
    1 Yahoo account
    1 AOL account
    1 Hotmail account
    1 MSN Live account
    1 Exchange account

Each one serves their individual purpose however it's the Gmail/iCloud that are my main accounts.

I delete every email I read. Those that aren't serve as reminders to me for whatever I need to do.

5. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

6. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Rhodes Scholar? :p

I use G-mail, and delete work stuff when it become out-dated.

Other stuff I Star and let them pile-up. One never knows. ;)

7. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

iCloud, Gmail (two accounts, one personal and one professional) and two school email addresses (one from my alma mater, and the other is from the community college I'm taking classes at currently).

I have them all set up on my iPhone, so that's what I use to check my email. I manage them on the computer, however, in their respective web clients.

Similarly to h1r0ll3r, I generally delete every email, and only keep some for reminders or record-keeping (that I delete after they become irrelevant).

8. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

tweet, grammar police. :D

9. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Sparrow. I love it so far. It's like only the 3rd piece of desktop software I've ever bought, too..

10. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

Two email accounts, Gmail and an ATT.net. I use Apple's Mail to manage them, deleting everything off the server as I go.

I use folders to sort the mail thusly:
    1. Socials (FaceBook, Google +, Twitter)
    2. Shopping (eBay, PayPal, various others wanting me to buy stuff)
    3. Movie Channels (Netflix, Hulu, Redbox)
    4. A general Read Mail folder

11. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

Everything goes into Mail.app and I never delete anything. However, I use my university's email adress on the web because I have to use VPN to check them using IMAP.

12. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

I have used gmail for years. I didn't do much managing and let several thousand emails pile up. One day sat down and cleaned it up. Now I delete everything after I'm done with it. I'm in the process of moving to iCloud but I'll wait and see how it does at filtering spam before completely committing. Gmail does an excellent job of spam filtering.

13. avro707 macrumors 6502a

I use iPhone mail app to manage and reply to most emails, and then download the majority of them to my computer later.

Exception being my MSN email address. I use that through iPhone mail app as well, but it won't remove anything from the server.

I used to use my Exchange emails through the phone too, but abandoned that due to the fact that whenever password change time come around, if I didn't change it on the phone immediately - it'd try to log in 5 times with old password and them my account would be locked, meaning a call to IT...

14. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I have other accounts, but I really only use my Gmail. I use the Browser version on my computer(s) and the Mail app on my iOS devices. I used the Mail/Sparrow on Mac before Lion, but I've been too lazy to set it up

I second this
    The only reason why I use gmail

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I use gmail. I mainly use my iPhone but will occasionally log on using one of my macs. I delete emails after the need for them has passed.

16. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

I let it pile up in the thousands, from Facebook, Twitter, university, whatever. I only ever check it when someone says "Yo dawg, did you get that email I sent you?" Then I go to my inbox and search through a pile of emails to find theirs. I routinely miss updates and am generally very out of the loop.

It works for me.