Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

donga

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2005
AZ
on moleskines: i was doing some research and they seem to be all sold out of the 2008 planners... anyone know when they were available and sold out? and when the 2009s are coming?

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
iCal, iPhone, and a white legal pad.

I've just ordered a Molskine, looks really nice. I'm also checking out OmniFocus, and if I like it, I'll buy that and work it in.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
My Brain. It's easy when you know how. ;)
Likewise.

Normally I just remember, but sometimes I scribble down a note on my sketchbook.
Fall back option. ;)

I use my iPod Touch as a PDA. I've jailbroken it and I have a ToDo list, notes, editable iCal, etc.
Interesting. I am considering trying out a Touch for this purpose. But I am not holding my breath.

Over the years I've used the Newton, Palm and Pocket PC devices. My favorite was the Newton. However, the Newton 2100 is a bit big to carry. The Palm and Pocket PC devices were okay, but did not fit my way of doing things.

Now I am back to paper. I use an old PC calendar program that does what I want, and I can print out 6 week calendars which I need for my job.

I have a way of folding the paper so it fits nicely in my jean or slacks pocket or on the inside suite pocket. Just requires a pen/pencil to use. :)

For me, being able to see a 6 week schedule allows me to project and plan. I simply cannot do that with any electronic device except a PC computer with a big enough display to see all 6 weeks.

For to do's, there are two types overall for me. The next day or long term. At night I write down the next day ones the back side of the calendar. For the long term (those occurring more than a day away) I have a nice Microsoft Word table that has 6 major areas. Four of these are work related and one is personal. The other is a simple info area with important information that I need on a daily/weekly basis. I usually update both on a weekly or more basis.

Currently, this system works best for me. it requires very little space and I can practically use it anywhere. It's easy to carry, functional, accessable, and is cheap.

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
I use iCal for all my events and other reminders. I use Stickies for todos (mainly work related). I sync iCal with my iPhone, which is awesome. Plus setting up my email with IMAP is so helpful. I love having email in my pocket, except it can't read encrypted messages yet :(

Edit: this gives me a neat idea for one of my first iPhone apps once the SDK ships. woot!

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
I try to stay organized (the keyword here is "try") using iCal, synced up with my iPhone. It works alright, I just need to use it more often.

ewxlt

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
I use iCal for appts and events and reminders.
I use Sticky Notes for To Do lists.

All of the above syncs to my Blackberry.

That being said, I can't sync my Blackberry anymore since installing Leopard.:mad:

doubleohseven

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2008
Sydney, Australia
I use iCal and my calender when I have appointments, important events etc.
I use my school diary for writing down when I have homework, assignments or exams coming up.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I use iCal and my phone mainly. Sometimes, I'll just jot quick reminders on my hand if it's something relatively soon (before it has a chance to be ashed off). My schedule's pretty constant and boring though. with the exception of a lab on Wednesday, my Monday, Wednesday and Friday schedules are identical, and my Tuesday and Thursday schedules are identical when it comes to school and work, and of course, those remain the same throughout the entire semester. Not much to really keep track of since I only have 2 different days to actually worry about.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.