How do you want the design on the iPad 2013?

Nevzorus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 29, 2012
Hi! I thought it would be fun to discuss how you would like the next generation iPad to look. If the design changes from the aluminiumback, then i'm really going to hate the new iPad designs. (MAYBE)

Discuss and feel free to say whatever you want to :D

kirky29

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
I usually like it no matter how Apple makes it ;)

I would like the see the bezel reduced though.

Oh, and I'd love to have the Apple logo glow! Like on the MacBooks! Just because :) (Maybe an option to turn it off though ;))

drenline

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2010
Design doesn't make a big deal, all I want is:

Quad core cpu processor
128gb capacity
2gb RAM

Nevzorus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 29, 2012
Me too, but i really wan't apple to keep the backside in aluminium.. it REALLY looks nice :( I would never buy it if it was like the iPhone 4

Nevzorus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 29, 2012
''How do you want the design on the iPad 2013?''

I never asked what you wanted inside the iPad :/

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
If it looks the same and just has under the hood spec bumps, I will definitely skip. If the new design offers some sort of practical benefit I will consider it.

I got a feeling there won't be revolutionary advances in this space all at once though which is a good thing cause it costs a fortune to keep upgrading.

TheSuperSteve

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2011
Puerto Rico
Call me boring, but I think it should look the same. There is no reason to change of the design unless some major innovation happens. I mean, MacBook Pro and MacBook airs don't change every single year, not unless something major happens.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
THAT counts, but not ''Better batterylife!''

Btw, i seriously see you comment in EVERY thread here in Macrumors :eek:
Not every one, but I'm working my way to it...

Battery life is also a part of design. See how the desire for better battery life made the new iPad a little bit thicker. Improvements in battery technology may make the next iPad a little bit thinner and lighter. I think battery life is one of the things that has the biggest impact in the iPads design.

Nevzorus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 29, 2012
Not every one, but I'm working my way to it...

Battery life is also a part of design. See how the desire for better battery life made the new iPad a little bit thicker. Improvements in battery technology may make the next iPad a little bit thinner and lighter. I think battery life is one of the things that has the biggest impact in the iPads design.
Yeah, but i did mean things on the outside. Not things you can't see if you don't open the iPad.

PerfectDB

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2012
Boston, Lincolnshire
Design wise, I can't see any big changes for next year's iPad - maybe they'll save off a few millimetres and go back to the iPad 2's thickness.

I can see Apple keeping the current design going forward and only making changes under the hood, similar to the iMac/MacBook range - it might explain why they went with 'the new iPad' instead of iPad 3. The iPad 2 was so named because it was a true successor to the first model; an all new design as well as massively improved specs. Now however, any future changes are likely to be evolutionary rather than revolutionary.

The only practical change would be to make future iterations lighter, but beyond that the current design is probably as good as it's going to get.

maclook

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
I want the speakers to face forward somehow. Don't know how but I hate how they face away from you in the current design.

For the white model, I want a more cohesive design where the back doesn't have black features.

I think a squarish and less tapered design like the iPhone 4 would be cool but I'd have to see a prototype before saying that that's definitely what I want.

smithrh

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2009
How about:

* Carbon-fiber back - keep the strength, lower the weight dramatically

* Thinner glass - IIRC, there's a new glass that's as strong as the current glass, but much thinner and therefore lighter

* Pressure-sensitive screen - that stuff that figures out how hard you're pressing. I'll find the thread and edit it in here once I do...

I can see a very lightweight but still structurally strong iPad in the next two years.

jvette

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2007
just tape $100 bills on the back of it because Apple has figured it out and will keep refreshing small things to add to the Billions they have in the bank. Pretty smart company! In turn we will all stand in line to get the next best thing knowing something better will be released in just a few short months.

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
Wish list......

1. Quad core cpu processor
2. 128gb capacity
3. Much better rear facing camera
4. 8 MP front camera
5. Siri
6. Faster recharging time on battery
7. Ever so Slightly different désign if possible
8. User facing Higher sounding speakers. Dislike the speakers now

bidwalj

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
Edge to edge screen would be on my wish list ( like the Samsung tv's out there). This will eliminate the color decision and also allow for the iPad to be a bit smaller while keeping the same screen size

Cynicalone

macrumors 68040
Jul 9, 2008
Okie land
We're doing this already? :)

Okay...

128GB
MagSafe charging at least a 45W version like the Air.
And of course more battery capacity, and CPU speed.