Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RobCat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
What kind of plugins enable you to create blog posts and forum topics simultaneously. Really genuis stuff from a traffic stand point.

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
What kind of plugins enable you to create blog posts and forum topics simultaneously. Really genuis stuff from a traffic stand point.

Old stuff. Look at the versions of the software being used. With vB CMS, not many people bothered to continue development of plugins/mods to do that. I've tried, and custom work is pretty much the only option at this point.

Oh, and if Arn/someone wants to give specifics, I'd love to know two, I just know that it isn't easy with current releases.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001

Old stuff. Look at the versions of the software being used. With vB CMS, not many people bothered to continue development of plugins/mods to do that. I've tried, and custom work is pretty much the only option at this point.

Oh, and if Arn/someone wants to give specifics, I'd love to know two, I just know that it isn't easy with current releases.

Ya, basically it's custom work. We started with a custom CMS that just inserted posts to vB at the time of publishing. Now we're on a custom Wordpress that does the same.

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.