How far are you in Oblivion?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by ericsthename, Jul 22, 2007.

1. ericsthename macrumors regular

Hey all,

I've been on hiatus from the macrumors console forum since the format change a while back,

Just curious about how many of you still play oblivion at least somewhat actively.

I got this title shortly after I got my 360 in Feb. 06 and I've been working on it ever since. If you play it on the 360, how much gamerscore have you managed to extract from this title? If you play it on windows or PS3, approx. how far have you gotten with the game?

Personally, I've gotten 430 gamerscore and I'm doing the quest "Aid for Bruma" and I've just recently cured my vampirism (headache!)

Looking forward to your responses,

Eric

2. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

I finished the main storyline and most of the "aid for" missions and a ton of sidequests... I put like 80 hours into that game and then I just got bored with it.

3. EvilDoc macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

i have some were around 860 achievement points in the game. The only remaining quest are the mages guild. Looking at my saved games i have put alot of time into the game, some were around 230+ hours. Oblivion is one of my absolute favorites for the 360, hands down.

4. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I have 1000/1000 on Oblivion for 360. I sold my 360 after I picked up a PS3 and I have Oblivion on that also, I've completed all of the guilds, the arena, and have recently started on the main quest line.

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm at the very begining with that thing....I'm in the sewer trying to get the last book...I can't beat those guys for **** so I just wonder the world beating the hell out of random people and stealing goods.

Bless

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I spent a week in Oblivion, weather was crap, food was atrocious, people were annoying, but enough about my vacation.....

7. ericsthename thread starter macrumors regular

Hey,

Has this forum died or is Oblivion just not that popular amongst macrumorsers?

By the way, you guys have some crazy stats! I thought I'd poured a lot of effort into that game, but I guess I've got a ways to go yet.

Eric

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It is very popular, it's just to some of us - at this stage the game is ancient history.

9. ericsthename thread starter macrumors regular

True enough - its old to me too, but I figured it was a relatively recent PS3 release. As well, part of the reason I was curious was to see if people were slowly working on the side quests and such.

Eric

10. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I'm not at home, so I can't check my gamerscore for Oblivion (is there a way to look up gamer profiles on the web?) but I've only recently started in on the game... got it at the same time I got the 360 and GoW back a few months ago and GoW took up all my gaming time for awhile. Anyways, I started one character right off, but got caught up in GoW and so started up a new game a couple weeks back. I'm not far through it, I've closed one gate, I've accepted the last quest on the Assassins Guild story (not doing it because I haven't decided if I want to pursue the Vampire Quest - I'm sure I will, but I want to do it later), I've finished a handful of side quests, and starting in on the Warriors Guild quests.

I'm like level 4 at the moment. :p I'm getting a bit help up, though, because I made some bad selections in my character type. Mainly, I chose to be born under the sign of (I think) the Antioch, which gave me a ton of extra mana, the ability to absorb mana from spells, but lost the ability to regenerate mana over time. Bad choice, because NO BODY CASTS SPELLS AT YOU! :mad: I've been trying to get my alchemy skills up so I can just create/carry lots of mana regen potions, but it's still a PITA.

I'm ALMOST ready to start another character, but I've come just far enough that I think if I did I would never get back to where I am now because I would get bored repeating all the quests. :( Ah well.

11. caffeeneaddict macrumors regular

i've saved up 17 WHOLE DOLLARS towards buying the game:p

12. ericsthename thread starter macrumors regular

Yup, you can sign into:

live.xbox.com

and use your passport to view your gamerscore, acheivements and profile :)

13. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

I just need to do the Duke of Mania quest from Shivering Isles and then I will have all of the available gamerscore. I am currently on 1220/1250.

14. Echinda macrumors regular

I've played it on and off for a few months. I think I have 160 pts or so. I just can't get into it for some reason. I suspect that it shows a serious flaw in my personal character, but the lack of emphasis on leveling leaves me without the little incentives I need to stay focussed on an rpg. That and walking Martin across the entire map was one of the worst fedex quests ever. The guy kept getting lost! And then you get to Weynon priory and you've got ... another fedex quest! And the old dude would get stuck every time you changed zones, meaning that you had to keep stopping to look back and check if he was still there. Ugh.

15. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

You know you can just click on any of the places on the map to travel there instantly right?

16. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Actually the sign of the Atronach is one of the best if you know how to play it right. Personally I think its the best sign if you can play it right.

17. Freyqq macrumors 68040

beat the game PC with no mods or addons/expansions

the only console i used was to unlock boxes and doors b\c the minigame for it is annoying

18. Freyqq macrumors 68040

I like thief b\c u get 30 points...including 10 luck which is underrated

19. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Yeah thief is pretty awesome if you are going for an attribute booster sign.

20. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

I always just get the skeleton key then mash the auto-attempt button. I think you need to be level 10 for that though. It also boosts your security by 40 or so.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Skeleton_Key

21. Freyqq macrumors 68040

i think my char is 30 or so..so yeah i prob shoulda gotten that. Goldbrand, Umbra, and that invincible soulgem are a deadly combo. I've also got a fully enchanted set of dadric armor, couple houses, and stuff

i was working on a new char with the mod OOO, but it kept crashing at one part so i stopped.

22. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I can't see how there's much advantage to it. It's probably because of the quests I've been on (followed the Assassins Guild plot line pretty much all the way through, and I've started up the fighters guild quests) but I don't get spells cast at me at all. It's really annoying.

Ah, very good. Thanks!

23. DopestGingah macrumors regular

I have OWNED this game. I have 1250/1250 gamerscore and about 300 hours put in. Wanting Elder Scrolls V VERY BADLY!!

24. Echinda macrumors regular

:eek: Uhh .. yeah ... of course I did, sheesh.

To be honest, though, I only saw that feature after marching across the whole map a couple of times. :eek:

25. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

i got every achievement (without the expansion) except for the last one in the thieves guild. my game bugs out when i try to finish it =/