Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omen87

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2011
Kansas, USA
bs13690-83559-albums-animated-gifs-pic44678-flamewar.gif

Haha, I agree. I already think I regret posting in this thread. :p

Virance

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2011
the phone is 'professional' looking

To be fair, when it comes to professional accessorizing for males - black has been the go to color for quite some time. White is clearly a "business casual/let's meet at the country club" color.

I wouldn't call either color male or female, but to call white 'professional' looking over black just tells me that you have not spent much, if any, time in a corporate setting.

alia

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2003
Tampa, FL (Orlando, 2003 - 2023)
lol, not sure where exactly I said I was always right, but OK then. To me, pink is girly. Light purple is girly. White, not so much.

It might be a "culture" thing. I lived in Japan, and there men carry white phones all the time. They even carry light pink phones. Although, in Japan, there is a sexual connotation with the color light pink that we don't have here in the US.

EDIT: I don't think white is particularly girly, btw.

Yofi

macrumors member
May 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
I ordered a white one because I think they look better. I could care less if it's "manly" or not. One of my good friends is a transvestite, I hang out in public with him. Who cares?

Hear hear. Sometimes I think it's a lot easier being gay than being one of the many straight guys out there who can't even buy the colour phone they want because they're worried people would think they're gay or anything less than 100% macho…the end of the world!!! :rolleyes:

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Wow, there's this much discussion when Apple has a black and white phone selling side by side. Jesus, what'll happen if they put out a whole range of colours like they did with the iMac G3? Will men be spat on, called queer and beaten up because of what colour iPhone they have?

Frasern1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2011
North Carolina
Hear hear. Sometimes I think it's a lot easier being gay than being one of the many straight guys out there who can't even buy the colour phone they want because they're worried people would think they're gay or anything less than 100% macho…the end of the world!!! :rolleyes:
It could also be that we just think it looks better. I like it because I think it looks a lot better.

2010RS

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2009
To be fair, when it comes to professional accessorizing for males - black has been the go to color for quite some time. White is clearly a "business casual/let's meet at the country club" color.

I wouldn't call either color male or female, but to call white 'professional' looking over black just tells me that you have not spent much, if any, time in a corporate setting.

Well said.

matthewskyle

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2011

I practically live in a corporate setting, and I have to agree that the white iPhone does look more professional. Of course what defines "professional" is based on where you work. It's all an opinion. Personally, I'd rather have a color that stands out and could be a conversation starter (especially when my VP is all about the iPhone but is amazed at the simplest things...Siri anyone?)

BeSerious

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2011
I had absolutely no idea this was even an issue. Hahahaha.
I got the white one because I've been carrying around my black brick (original Moto Droid) for the past 2.5 years and I wanted something fresh.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida

This.

mickbab

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2008
Sydney, Australia
I don't really think it's girly, all the original iPods and entire Mac lineup were white. Girly back then?

For me it's just a personal preference to go black, I think it looks bit odd when the screen is off (black) and surrounded by white. But that's just me.

BeSerious

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2011

This is a fair argument. This is gender indifferent. Black being professional is the same for males and females.

syedhussain

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

white_black_iphone_4s1.jpg[IMG]

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Because that's a chicks phone.

I think its a chic (pronounced sheek) but not chick's phone, because I think it resembles the old days of the classic iPods and white iMacs...definitely going white. Also white pretty much guarantees a better working proximity sensor (evidenced on iPhone 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.