Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JRoDDz

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2009
NYC
I think its a chic (pronounced sheek) but not chick's phone, because I think it resembles the old days of the classic iPods and white iMacs...definitely going white. Also white pretty much guarantees a better working proximity sensor (evidenced on iPhone 4)

Not to mention higher resale value.

mrxak

macrumors 68000
Things that are manly:
Being serious
Taking care of business

Things that are girly:
Fashion
Accessorizing

I wouldn't say white is necessarily girly, but in a world of black phones, it does seem like white is more of a fashion statement, whereas black says you have more important things on your mind than the color of your phone and making it look pretty.

RagnarokRed

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2010
Must be difficult to be an Apple fan and find owning white products to be girly. :rolleyes:

64 gig White 4S all the way.

syedhussain

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm 6'2" 210lbs muscular. I will be sporting a white iPhone. I guess i will be feminine.

AIP5

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
Both white and black are "manly."

Proof? Al Pacino in Scarface wore both white and black suits. :cool:

Attachments

• scarface.jpg
    scarface.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 59
  • images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    6.9 KB · Views: 340

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
White = Luke as he whines about power converters
Black = Darth Vader

Also, Lukes transition from incestual farmboy to badass jedi was symbolized through his outfits as he went from White to Beige to Black.

syedhussain

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Im a guy, and i wear a white g shock... Oh no.... Gay accusations

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
this has been said since the 3GS days.. Once you go brack you can never go back.

but all jokes aside, the color is no way related to a person's sexual orientation. It's how you use the phone which speaks for itself.

That being said, the white one is very girly, and you're not a manly man if you have one. So get the black!

Just kidding guys. It's all about preference, I like the black iPhone, so to each their own.

Last edited:

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
White = Not Girly
Trying to prove white isnt girly to a bunch of strangers = Girly

Im considering white just because its different, but in the end I'll take whatever color they have because its more about the phone than how it looks.

syedhussain

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2010

Trying to prove white isnt girly to a bunch of strangers = Not Girly

Trying to prove that trying to prove white isnt girly to a bunch of strangers = Girly

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
You think white iPhone is girly?

Have you not seen all of those guys who wear pink pants with pink or red ipod nano?

I also have seen plenty of people with white iPad. How's white iPhone going to be any different?

It's a matter of opinion. Give me a break about this whole girly or manly thing.

Finally, I don't give a crap about what others think about me as long as I am not doing anything wrong.

syedhussain

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2010

How so?

mrxak

macrumors 68000
It's not the color. It's the statement you're making when you choose a color unlike most other phones out there. It could be blue, for all it matters. The fact that you care enough about fashion that you'll choose the non-serious businesslike black phone gives you a feminine quality.

All the people going nuts over black iPods, when they first came out, is just another example. The people who stuck with boring old white were showing they didn't care about fashion, whereas the people getting black were caring perhaps a bit too much about how it would look and less about manly things like efficiency and gigabytes.

Think about it like this. When you go to a fancy dinner party, men are all wearing dark colored plain suits, and women are dressed in all sorts of exotic colors. It's because men keep things simple, and women care more about showing off how they look.

bniu

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2010
i don't see anything wrong with the white iPhone being a guy. The only reason I had an iPhone 4 in black was that it was all that was available at launch. I don't really care much for the color of the phone as I stare at the screen mostly, though I will buy a pink phone ever.

Ayman250

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2011
USA
To be fair, when it comes to professional accessorizing for males - black has been the go to color for quite some time. White is clearly a "business casual/let's meet at the country club" color.

I wouldn't call either color male or female, but to call white 'professional' looking over black just tells me that you have not spent much, if any, time in a corporate setting.

That being said. I white iPhone would look much nicer with a black suit. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.