How is battery life on IPhone SE ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Math889, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Math889, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016

Math889 macrumors 65816

I am going to buy an IPhone SE , however , I want to know about the SE battery life.

2. akash.nu macrumors 68000

akash.nu

Best battery life right now is on the plus models.

3. KillaMac Suspended

That's not what his question was asking man. Lol

Op, I am also interested in this.

4. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

From what I hear it's great! Here's Apple's official comparison chart:
    It goes 6s+, 6s, 6+, 6, then SE
    Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 6.09.20 PM.jpg

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

6. akash.nu macrumors 68000

akash.nu

Looks like my comment got posted under wrong topic.

7. Math889 thread starter macrumors 65816

I am undecided ... Buy 6S Plus or SE? Which one would u choose?

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Whichever one would work better for you personally.

9. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Like C DM said, it's whatever works best for you. Why not go to your local Apple Store and try both models out? Then make a decision from there.

10. BearBert macrumors member

BearBert

I have both and like each for different reasons, I also find myself alternating regularly. You just need to weigh the pros and cons.

11. Patron_Saint Suspended

Battery life is solid on the SE and it charges fast when needed. It tops the 6s in my experience but can't touch the 6s Plus.

If battery life is what you're after, go with the 6s plus.

12. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Idk which phones some of you are testing...

The SE I have gets great battery. It's a good 2-3 hours a day better than the 6s.

It's also on PAR with the 6s Plus sometimes I can get 20-30 minutes longer out of the SE then I do on thE plus.

For such a small phone and a battery that's not huge the battery life is absolutely ridiculous

13. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

I have both the 6SPlus and the SE. If I could have only one it would be the SE because it can do, in my use case, everything the 6S plus can but unlike the 6S plus it fits in my front jeans pockets. When I wear a dress it fits in a wallet case with a lanyard and is still light and easy to carry.

It does not have OIS so I can detect camera shake in videos. Videos taken with my 6Splus don't have this slight tremor.

It does not have a barometer, while the 6 SPlus does. I honestly have not noticed this lack for what I do.

I was not able to make a completely direct comparison but during a cross country trip one day under similar usage I think my husband's 6S Plus battery decreased at such a rate that his battery reading was down to 80% while mine was down to 60%. But I was taking more video so it's not as direct a comparison as I would like to present to you.

Generally I made it fine through a day that spanned from 4:00 am until around 2pm taking lots of pictures and video during a 4 hour stretch. Facebook app is still my battery's enemy so I use the less robust but adequate Friendly app instead.

I get good call quality on both iPhones but my parents say I sound a bit better, a bit more clear, on the 6SPlus. I hear my callers equally well on both. I'm on AT&T. My 6Splus is an AT&T model and my SE was sim free. I use the same sim in both.

Oddly enough I enjoy the display on either iPhone and my use of Safari and watching of videos and overall use of the iPhone has not decreased as the result of downsizing. I still do my emails exclusively on my iPhone and now on the SE can handle them one handed again. I think that's because I always did use my iPad mini 4 for the heavy lifting when it comes to web usage. But if you do need to use your iPhone for browsing the web, you will prefer the 6SPlus. I can not deny I much prefer using the Amazon website on the Plus vs the SE.

During my trip I read ebooks on my kindle app on both phones and liked the SE equally fine for that. Your opinion may vary.

I forgot to mention that if you wear polarized sunglasses, the screen of the SE is the same old screen tech used on the 5S so it will look a little weirdly colored to you. The newer iPhone screens look the same through polarized lenses.

14. ACG12 macrumors 6502

It's no where near the 13 hours that Apple states it can get. I usually get 7-10 hours.

15. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Yesterday, I finally plugged mine in at 6 hrs 21 min use, 17+ hours standby. 49% battery left. Apple's estimate is on target or an underestimate, in my experience.

16. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I agree there. My iPad regularly lasts for more than the 10 hours of usage Apple claims it will. The SE does this as well, no doubt.

17. G.McGilli macrumors regular

OP:

You haven't really stated in any way what your typical usage is. I've been using an SE since launch day. My use seems to differ from many of the people on this forum. I am around computers most of the day, or my game console - so I don't use a lot of screen time on my SE.

If I'm not in front of a computer etc I'm on a bike. A lot of my interaction with the SE is through Siri on my headset.

I very rarely use more than 20% battery per day. I use 24hr BT connection to my Garmin Fenix 3 - and so Garmin Connect is running 24/7 on my phone. Phone calls I use via mic on earphones so no onscreen time really. Most text/emails I just read on my watch or have Siri read to me if i'm not at computer. Use it as an iPod 3 to 6 hours per day.

So if you just need a mobile phone that has great battery and is small - it's perfect whether u use it a tonne or not.

18. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

I go two days on one charge with moderate use. I am never below 50% so I am impressed.

19. akash.nu macrumors 68000

akash.nu

Did a comprehensive test. Within 3 hours 20 mins such horrible battery life is digesting. [​IMG]

20. valinda macrumors 6502

valinda

If I had to choose between the SE and 6S plus. It would be the 6S plus. Now the reason why I bought the SE was
    because of the size and upgraded internals, if you compare it to the iPhone 5. I am using the SE right now, but when I go to work tomorrow it will be the 6S plus.

If you want to keep the phone in your pocket, the SE is the way to go. Also you really need to
    go to Apple Store and check them both out.

21. akash.nu macrumors 68000

akash.nu

So do you have both of them?

22. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Is this the SE? If so I think something could be wrong? Mine gets WAY BETTER battery then this!!

23. valinda macrumors 6502

valinda

Yes

24. akash.nu macrumors 68000

akash.nu

No, this is my 2 years old 6. If you look in the last page I was comparing its battery life.

25. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Oh my apologies