How is Beta 4 running for you so far?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by WhackyNinja, Jul 30, 2013.

?

Feedback

1. Running smoothly. Like a charm.

138 vote(s)
    61.9%
  2. Its OK

73 vote(s)
    32.7%
  3. Awful. Its very unstable.

12 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. WhackyNinja, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013

WhackyNinja macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

So how is Beta 4 for you all? Is it good? Ok? Bad? Sound off on any praises or complaints you have about this Beta.

For me the experience has been great! I wish I could say its flawless but of course it isn't. It's as good as it could get in a beta. A few bugs here and there and glitches but overall compared to Beta 3 (which was very unstable for me) it's good have a Beta that doesn't make me abandon ship to iOS 6.1. Looks like I'll be riding this beta out.

2. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Everything is great in terms of battery life, and resprings. Battery life improved greatly for me. It is closeR to iOS6, but not quite there yet.

No resprings after 1.5 days of usage.

I have noticed a few bugs:

1. navigation buttons cut off at bottom of favorites in dialer app. Fixed with closing the app in task manager.

2. force close on an app. Forgot which one.

3. sensitivity of pull-down for searching on home screens seems higher (i.e. I am getting more false positives).

3. allistera macrumors regular

Very good, all the graphical artifacts seen in previous betas are gone, running nice and smooth will all apps (For me anyway) working fine, definitely doesn't feel like a beta anymore.

Only issue I encountered was messages not sending as SMS when iMessage is available was unchecked by default.

4. NotAdvisable macrumors regular

NotAdvisable

Other than what has already been said - it's perfect.
    On an iPhone 4S I've had no restrings, no major issues / bugs, no restarts and I can just forget it's a beta and use it as my every-day phone.

5. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

Most stable yet for me on a 4S.

There are, of course, quite a few things to be ironed out before GM as you'd expect.

In terms of the functionality, one of the most frustrating for me at the moment is the new issue in Safari.

I really like the revised tab management in iOS 7, but in Beta 4 it's become inconsistent.

It seems like I need to swipe left far more excessively to close a tab. It was much easier in previous Betas and it's causing me to open tabs now that I'm trying to remove.

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Very stable! Only glitch I've found is the existing black bar in messages when flicking between portrate and landscape

7. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

so far, stable for me. i havent come across any bugs yet and the battery life appears to be alot better than beta 2 was on my iphone 5.

on my mini, it seems a little smoother and the wallpaper bug is gone now.

8. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Stable. Apps look out of place though, but that will get fixed come GM release.

9. wsc9005 macrumors regular

Just had a random restart when i was on iMessage composing a message. The screen had red strips and restarted itself.

Apart from that, everything else is good.

10. stooovie macrumors 6502a

B4 is still REALLY glitchy on iPad (4 anyway). Stutters, misplaced GUI elements (bookmarks in Safari), lag and jerkiness (pinch to close apps, info panes on Maps...). The same beta 4 on i5 is largely fine.

11. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

Beta4 on iPad 3 running smooth like butter..

iPhone 5 smooth as well just noticing a hair worse battery life under same conditions and usage as B3.

12. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Was running hot with poor battery life but a hard reset got it running right.

13. dimitricook macrumors newbie

Good!

- good peformance.
    - fast browsing without bugs

- battery life not so good.(do a clean install and put my icloud backup back, hope this will help)

since 2 days of use 1 time auto reboot when go into settings.

14. ajay96 macrumors 6502

Running very smooth on my 4s. Seems like iOS 6 smooth nearly.

15. negrohero9 macrumors regular

negrohero9

Mixed Results

I am having a great experience with it on my iphone 5 and ipads.

My iPhone 4 on the other hand, it had to be downgraded to ios 6 because the download for Beta 4 OTA caused the phone to freeze and required a restart which put the phone in a infinite loop of the Apple and a Black screen.

No sure why that happened though.

16. WhackyNinja thread starter macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

I have noticed that. Doesn't bother me too much tho

----------

Luckily I haven't had any auto reboots as of yet.

17. hagr182 macrumors regular

buttery smooth for me, save a few animation lag (and at that not noticeable if your arent looking for it), but then again I am testing on iPad 2. I wont test it on my iPhone, because it´s my main line and I cant afford the risk of lost calls that beta 3 had

18. Gymgenius Suspended

Super smooth for me, and the battery life seems to be as good, if not better than 6.1.4.

It's taken me about a day and a half to get used to iOS7 and now I love it :)

19. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

iPhone 5 runs very smooth on beta 4. Had one restart right after the OTA update and Settings.app quit on me a couple of times but the animations are smoother and faster. Battery life seems a bit worse for me.

20. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It is smooth but I still have some service issues. Again, it's hard to say if this is an iOS 7 issue or just something that changed around my neighborhood. Also, when I go to the clock it goes to the timer automatically every time. It used to open to the alarm clock since that is all that I used but not anymore.

21. Keyhole macrumors member

I had one of these as well. A bit scary and had not seen it in previous betas but restarted fine.

Other than that it's running very well.

22. hobsgrg macrumors 6502

With the first two betas I really didn't think iOS 7 would be ready for September as they were very sluggish and incredibly buggy and unstable and seemed a long way from finished. However this Beta 4 is a massive improvement, nearly as fast as iOS 6 and not had any crashes/resprings so far

23. Mark0824 macrumors newbie

I have used all 4 betas. With all 4 I get random reboots. I looked down on my phone and there is the Apple logo. Happens maybe 2-3 days a day. Also, battery life is still way less than 6.1.4.

24. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

I get periodic slow downs - on a 4S. I didn't get these on Beta 3 - however I'm not experiencing crashes and black screen forced reboots anymore!

25. KattDaDon macrumors 6502

Smooth... :cool: I got 99 problems but iOS 7 beta 4 ain't one :D