How is the scribble feature on the watch os 3?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by hello12, Jun 14, 2016.

1. hello12 macrumors regular

ive wanted this feature since my I got my watch.. How does it work? I haven't found any videos of it and I'm scared to update since you can't downgrade

2. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Works great and it is very fast so you can just type and not wait for the letters to register.

3. hello12 thread starter macrumors regular

Great. How does the beta work for you? Is it stable enough to update to?
    I don't know why I can't find videos of the scribble feature.

4. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Very stable. Has a few quirks but solid for a first beta.

5. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

It works very well, I'm very impressed! I just tried it for the first time and it was fast and I made no mistakes.

6. swarlos macrumors 6502

swarlos

It's awesome!! Took a little for me as I had to use my right hand, I'm left handed and wear my watch on my left wrist but once I get the hang of it I know it will be super fast.

7. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

How many languages, or character sets, does it support so far?

8. CobraPA macrumors 6502

9. swarlos macrumors 6502

swarlos

10. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

seems gimmicky for me. I mean with the siri updates why do I need to finer paint a message?

11. CobraPA macrumors 6502

Often I don't want to speak out load to the watch, usually based on who is around me at the time...

12. swarlos macrumors 6502

swarlos

Exactly not every time do you want to speak into the watch and it's perfect for banging out quick messages.

13. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

I'm expecting as much, too. I watched Scribble supporting Chinese in the keynote and immediately wondered what else they've got ready at this time.

I also remember reading a few years ago about how people were getting concerned that simple penmanship, particularly in East Asian languages, was starting to slide because of how much typing had taken over when composing even short messages. My Korean grandma took some time to teach me the fundamentals of Hangul brushstrokes (with few exceptions, they go top-to-bottom, left-to-right) and I'd like to see how well the AW works with it.

14. jens.tijtgat macrumors member

My language is Dutch and I get the scribble option when I receive a message but when I try to use it it causes a watch respring.. It does work for 2-3 letters and then it resprings. Is it supposed to work only in english? Or also in all languages using english letters?

15. chuyn macrumors 6502

This feature is up there for my favourite feature added. I almost never reply lately because the automatic answers are either wrong/too robotic, or the ones I preset might not have enough info. Also don't use Siri for replies often because half the time it's too loud, or it'll show up properly as I'm talking, then right as it sends, it changes some words to something else.

16. jens.tijtgat macrumors member

17. batting1000 macrumors 604

Super useful and works great. Love how you can just keep writing...you don't have to wait for it to recognize the letter before writing another one right over it. I always hated pulling my phone out to reply and often left messages for when I had time because it always seemed like I was defeating the purpose of the watch. Now it actually makes sense to reply from the watch.

18. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

If this isn't available in Swedish then I don't know what the heck apples problem is. I would love this on my watch. We don't have quick type, so no suggestions, multilingual typing or smart answers on iPhone or watch. The only difference between the Swedish and English alphabet is å,ä,ö. Almost everyone in Sweden has an iPhone.

I'm tired of these region specific features. Same with nearby. I can search by typing after every category that exists in nearby and I can find it with the corresponding icon. But I don't get the icons in proactive screen, maps or my watch. The information is there but not the feature. /rant

19. ZeeDD macrumors member

20. Volusia macrumors regular

Volusia

21. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

Yes there is a spacebar

22. jens.tijtgat macrumors member

Glad I'm not the only one ;)

23. iToph macrumors regular

nah, you're not. maybe it depends on system language ?

24. ZeeDD macrumors member

French language for me

25. jens.tijtgat macrumors member

Dutch for me.. But why would it depend on this? Letters don't change.. And it does seem to work although it causes a respring after 1/2 characters