How is this even possible?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Uguubot, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Uguubot macrumors member

Uguubot

2. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

3. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

Yes but going from TN to CA didn't go over China last I checked.

4. Uguubot thread starter macrumors member

Uguubot

Wait, what?

5. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

This^^ It appears to be coming from China, and going to Minnesota.

6. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I take fedex tracking with a gallon of salt. Lately I get a date and the item does not show up. last one was something from ebay showed it was picked up and was scheduled for 4 days. then it vanished. lost in limo and it only showed a label was made.

7. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

Ok, you and the poster who said it was going over China. The shippment *originated* in China and is already in TN. The OP is puzzled as to how the package can get from TN to MN by tomorrow at 10.30. Not from CN (china) to MN. And where CA came up from.. who knows..

Do any of you actually read anything with a little bit of concentration? And it's 'plane'.. not 'plain'

8. Uguubot, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2010

Uguubot thread starter macrumors member

Uguubot

He only read Apple valley I am guessing, there's an Apple Valley in MN and CA.

Also, man, its going from TN to MN. Maybe you could get a tad of concentration :p

9. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

How will it be delivered tomorrow by 10:30 AM? Well, thats for Fedex to know and you to find out ;).

Seriously, the tracking system is always 3-5 hours late. Also, Fedex will probably fly your package from Tennessee, if they have that deadline.

10. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

I know it originated in China and is in Tennessee now. IDK where Ca came from. And yea, I misspelled plane. I could make excuses about being tired, but yea, that was a stupid mistake.

I was just saying that a plane would get it from TN to MN by tomorrow morning.

11. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

It's likely going to be flying on FedEx flight 1407, arriving in Minneapolis at approximately 6:00 AM with plenty of time for it to make it to your house by 10:30.

12. Uguubot thread starter macrumors member

Uguubot

Oh my gosh, you are so amazing. Lol, yay. I will get my cheap refurb iPad tommorrow.

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, it's been in transit from Tennessee since yesterday morning, so yg17 is very probably right.

Your iPad is on its way to your pad. :D

14. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I was giving you a play on words, overland, like Pony Express. ;)

15. Uguubot thread starter macrumors member

Uguubot

Aww, apparently it is stuck in customs in Tennessee. This really sucks, but I guess I might be getting my $10 for 2-3 day shipping back.

16. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Well the USPS certainly mixes it up and delivers stuff with a pinch of salt...

17. Uguubot thread starter macrumors member

Uguubot

Well guys, apparently it's stuck in customs and might not be here until new years. This really sucks. How do I go about getting a refund on 2-3 day shipping

18. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

When I bought my MBA, it was delivered by UPS. According to UPS' site, it arrived to Finland at 8am on Friday morning. In the afternoon I called UPS and asked can I come and pick it up since it should already be in Finland but it's not going to be delivered until Monday. The guy said those scans are just "assumptions" and that my package is still in Denmark (although according to their site it had already been in Sweden and now in Finland) and it won't arrive to Finland before Monday morning.

At least I have lost my faith toward those tracking systems. WTF are they putting them there if they are not real? Before the guy said my package was in Denmark, I even thought about asking that has it even left China yet :rolleyes:

I don't know is this the case with FedEx but I thought I would share my piece of experience

19. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

2-3 day shipping isn't really guaranteed if you are shipping close or the shipping window falls in between a holidays, like New Years. Hard lesson that was I had.

20. samiwas macrumors 65816

FedEx's main hub is in Memphis, so overnight from there to anywhere is no issue. If you can overnight something from NYC to LA, it can certainly make it from Memphis to Minnesota overnight. It's kind of interesting to be anywhere near the Memphis airport late at night...it's FedEx planes lined up on approach for a while...they all land get unloaded, stuff gets sorted and reloaded, and the planes all take back off again for the destination.

Then again, this thread is more than a day old, and your stuff is still sitting there. That is odd...it's not like it's the first iPad to come through!

21. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Ya know, I've heard about those diploma mills.....

22. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Shhhh! Don't spread the secret!

23. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Or drive on I-70 past the Indianapolis airport (their secondary hub) during the day to see all of the FedEx planes sitting there. I think they mostly do their flying at night so during the day they're parked out on the tarmac, it's a pretty neat sight if you're into aviation.

24. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

I had a similar "moment" today, looking at my tracking on my phone and it says "Left Fresno, California". And then I see "Ontario, CA" and I thought it meant Ontario Canada. Well, turns out I forgot to read the rest of the formatted line that said ",US". I paid for overnight and it was held a day late, it doesn't bother me too much but I'm going to send an email just to give them a heads up.