Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TerryReis

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2011
have you taken it completely apart and examined every joint cable connection screen printing on the logic board , then how can you make that statement

there will be something that is not perfect no matter how small

in engineering parts have a tolerance plus or minus a dimension if they fall between these the part is deemed to be good and fit for use but not perfect

If it works and you can find no fault with it, how can it be wrong to call it perfect. Perhaps we should say "it perfectly fulfils the role for which I purchased it for".

Would you be happy with with that ?

Or do you have different definition of the word perfect that you would like to impress us all with ?

Cheers,

Terry.

Not a fanboy, just happy apple customer. They work the way I expected, I like that, so shoot me.

pyzon

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
The only 'perfect' item coming out of apple right now is the Mac Pro as it is 'not' new ;-)

Arman

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2008
SoCal
This thread is a waste of time. How on earth would anyone here realistically be qualified to say what the defect rate is? All the OP probably will end up doing is inciting a flame war.

Spoiled

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2012
This thread is a waste of time. How on earth would anyone here realistically be qualified to say what the defect rate is? All the OP probably will end up doing is inciting a flame war.

I thought maybe there'd be a news article on it.

Arman

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2008
SoCal
I thought maybe there'd be a news article on it.

Defect rates are rarely if ever published or accurately reported in the tech world. Certainly, companies themselves have accurate data but that kind of information is very well guarded.

Puevlo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2011
If it was small then I assume Apple would tell us to show off. Since they don't it must be a pretty high percentage.

braddicted2mac

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2012
Canada
mine I guess you could saw is flawless I haven't noticed any nics scratches yellow tinting. the sound is good especially when I turned it on. Though I now use extrenal cause I love the sound better of bose companion 20 ! I haven't heard the HDD yet its been extremely quiet, lets just say it would be the perfect wife lol. Anyways I give mine two thumbs up very impressed by the size and performance !

imac rocks !

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
I was reading a thread and 5 people in a row in a short time frame said they were having their iMac replaced because the HDD was making a noise. Seemed strange.

It's psychological. If I wrote that I returned my Mac because every hour Santa Claus and eight reindeer appeared on the screen, by the next day you would have five more posts claiming the exact same thing.

PFC15

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2012
Chester VA
Never had a problem with an Apple product

We are a 2011 Apple convert family. 2011 maxed out 21.5 iMac was perfect as is my two week old maxed out 2012 21.5 iMac.

So is my rMBP 15, 2 x iPad 3s, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S and the two iPad mini's the billy lids received from Santa this morning. Frankly, I have never had such a good run with consumer electronics in a series of products that just work.

Merry Christmas!

phluid13

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2007
never buy a first release of an apple product, they are in 90% faulty.
fanboys say "perfect" when they have yellow screen, fan noise, temperature problems, hd issues. do not trust them.

Can you cite a reputable source for this statistic?

braddicted2mac

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2012
Canada
I'm guessing he means the boot sound sounds particularly good.

I am curious now. If the sound was good especially when turned on, how was the sound when it was turned off? Did you think this statement through?

You are correct Lukkee, eric was being a smart ass.. I heard a lot of people saying there was no bass to the speaker or crackling sound coming from the speaker but I though it sounded particularly good !!

and just to answer your question eric it sounds terrible when i turn it off cause that means I have to get up and leave and not enjoy my iMac !:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.