How likely will the next iPhone have better battery life?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stanny, Apr 7, 2009.

1. stanny macrumors 6502

I am sick of charging it daily with just average usage. 30% increase and I'll be very pleased.

2. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Why wouldn't they update the battery life if better hardware becomes available?

3. Jayden0606 macrumors 6502

I can almost guarantee better battery life. One thing about Apple is that they stay improving and they understand the battery is an issue so they will continue to work on it.

4. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    yes it will have a better battery. But with new features and capabilities the actual battery life may end up being approximately the same. Don't expect leaps and bounds.

5. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

They will update the battery, but the question is whether the new features and updates cause a bigger strain on the battery. If this is the case, a better battery could still result in a similar or lesser battery life. Let's hope this is not the case though.

edit: 2 minutes too late. sorry for repeating the same thing. that's what i get for getting distracted while typing my post.

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Well, it will be better, but based on what I read around here, people get between 15 - 48 hours of life just based on their own personal usage patterns.

So let's say they improve it 30%. (That would be huge.) Well, the 15 hour guy is up to almost 20 hours of life.

That's great, but he's still going to be complaining about the guy that's now getting over 60 hours.

So, you know, there's not much Apple can do about that.

7. Justen macrumors member

How can you talk about battery life when a new iPhone is not even 100% yet. I have yet to see any hard evidence that there will be a new iPhone coming out in June.

8. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

its gotta have a better battery, the current one is so poor it can only get better

9. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Because the voice dialing, video recording, and magnetometer features weren't enough to convince you?

I swear some people on here can't see the forest through the trees...

10. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

I would love to put money on it. A lot actually.

Back to the main topic, I am sure they will at least SAY the battery is improved whether it is or not. lol :D

11. Justen macrumors member

How about this cookie? Those were all on the iPhone 3G, meaning....can you guess it? Yes, it will probably just come out on the iPhone 3G.

I swear some people on here can't see the forrest through the trees...

12. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

I'd say that it's basically 100% likely that they will improve the battery in the next iPhone.

13. Justen macrumors member

This is my opinion.
    I have no doubt that Apple will release a new iPhone, just not in June. They might announce a new iPhone in June, but I hardly doubt that the new iPhone will for sure be released this summer. Maybe by 2010.

14. darrenscerri macrumors regular

darrenscerri

Definitely! If not a different physical battery than the current generation iPhones have, the hardware inside the iPhone would be more efficient resulting in a longer battery life. Go Apple! :apple:

15. Justen macrumors member

Let's do it then. I will bet you that Apple will announce their 'new' iPhone in June, but it won't be released until after September.

16. darrenscerri macrumors regular

darrenscerri

Apple has a lot of momentum with the iPhone... Much higher than any other smartphone on the market. Maybe Apple will delay the next generation iPhone till late '09 early '10? Hope not, but maybe.

17. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

I wonder how feasible it is to utilize the new battery tech in the 17" MBP into a smaller hand held device.

18. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

I don't know if it is against forum rules but that sounds good to me.
    $100 says Apple releases a new iPhone BEFORE August '09.

new means anything other than just storage capacity and software. Yes, that's how confident I am.

19. darrenscerri macrumors regular

darrenscerri

It's already utilised! What Apple did with the 17" MBP is deprived the user from the functionality of having a removable battery so that they could insert a bigger "permanent" battery.

20. 1Zach1 macrumors 65816

1Zach1

So you went from no new iPhone in June, to new iPhone in June but not released until Sept?

21. darrenscerri macrumors regular

darrenscerri

He only said that there are no hard evidences not that it is not going to be released in June. Jeez calm down!

22. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

They did a lot more than that.

23. darrenscerri macrumors regular

darrenscerri

Not that I'm aware of. All they did is just cram a bigger battery in there and crammed the cells in such a way to avoid wastage of space.

24. Shaun.P macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

I think there will be a big improvement in battery life as this is one of the weakest areas regarding the iPhone IMO.

25. kage207 macrumors 6502a

Do I see a new iPhone coming out? Yes I do. But listen, the battery will improve because they constantly work on the software to increase battery preformance. And it's completely stupid to think that they can't upgrade a new iPhone.