how long after launch does the madness die down

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by utl768, Oct 3, 2011.

1. utl768 macrumors 6502

i want the new iphone but id rather just wait a couple of weeks and get it and avoid the madness of the crazies who sleep on the street for a week

2. wurt macrumors member

3. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

What you mean to say, is... A long time.

The iPad craziness went on forever

4. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

The lines will probably persist for something like a month. As far as the forums go, get ready for two common threads on the forums:

1. Asian scalpers always at the front of the line, getting all available stock, and

2. Some little defect that will be blown WAY out of proportion.

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I"m guessing Apple learned from the iPad 2 and made more iPhones ahead of official launch, so Hopefully it won't be as bad

6. utl768 thread starter macrumors 6502

will apple take unlimited preorders and just ship when they are available or do they sell out and then back in stock type of deal

7. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

There's been rumors of production delays and faulty equipment on the newly produced models that had to be replaced. The rumors were saying there were going to be constrained supplies for a while.

I think it's actually going to be much worse than the iPad 2, considering all the new phone markets this unit is being introduced to (especially China).

Preorders would be nice but there's no guarantee they will happen. Apple is expected to launch the device only 10 days after announcing it. When they did a similar timeframe with the iPad 2, they didn't have preorders.

Apple wants people standing in line at their stores for media coverage.

8. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

iPhone might be a little different than the iPad since a lot of people buy it subsidized.

9. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

That's exactly what I'm thinking.

10. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

If it's not a redesign and just a spec bump with iOS5 expect there to be some people jumping ship and bashing the living hell out of apple. "Jobs is gone and it's going to ****!".

----------

You mean like your reception becomes non-existent when you hold your phone??? The sheer madness of it all!

11. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Yeap and hopefully getting a factory unlocked iPhone will be easier :D I always pay full price for my iPhones.

12. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

The iPhone 4 was a conundrum.

On one hand it had all these "issues" like the yellow tint and the antenna (which I still have yet to experience).

On the other hand it sold (and is still selling) as if it magically cured aids and cancer.

I'm sure whatever is next will be hard to get for at least a couple months. Christmas is a lot closer than it feels, especially in the retail world.

13. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I was on a waitlist for the iPhone 4 at a local Best Buy and I don't remember specifics but it was at least a month.

Typically they will take your order and ship it when available. They will have some time frame of expected availability.

14. abercrombie macrumors regular

abercrombie

don't wait, if it's like the iPhone 4 if you wait to purchase online due to the sluggish servers, you'll probably get a delayed date of receiving the product. if you order online that 1st day it's available then you'll likely receive it a day before the stores get theirs (via Fedex).