Long story short, I'm currently running a top end 2008 MBP and am planning to "upgrade" in the next week or two. I am only doing this because AppleCare runs out on March 24. My options are to either purchase a refurb 13" model for $999 or wait until the supposed refresh comes and then get a refurb of that (or this) generation. Honestly I do not care for whatever new features Apple is bringing to the new models...I can just upgrade again in six months if I feel compelled to do so. So the question is...am I better off to buy now or in a few weeks after this supposed refresh? Will the current generation refurbs drop in price? Disappear entirely? How long after a refresh does it usually take before the new models are available refurbished? On another note, I'm considering jumping from the idea of upgrading every two to three years (and thus buying AppleCare) to upgrading every eight to ten months, thus remaining within the original warranty at all times. Are the two effectively the same thing, e.g. if the logic board dies in month four, coverage is the same? See, it turns out I would be spending about the same, but with the added benefit of having the current model and not having to deal with bad batteries after the one year period.