How long are you willing to wait for the iPhone X?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ssrij, Oct 16, 2017.

1. ssrij Suspended

Especially people buying it on annual instalment plans like iUP, if your shipping estimate ends up being December (or worse, January) then you will have to pay 3-4 months worth of extra payments to upgrade to the 2018 iPhone, that's an additional $200-250 in payments to cancel the existing loan and start a new one.

So are you willing to wait to December or beyond to get your hands on the X? And then pay extra money to upgrade to a new iPhone in 9 months? Or will you just buy an iPhone 8/8+?

2. Trocien macrumors member

4 additional weeks. If longer, screw it. Going iPhone 8.

3. Diorama macrumors 6502a

I’m not even willing to wait until November 3rd.

4. ssrij thread starter Suspended

I’m waiting till Dec 21, not a day more

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

If anything goes past February or up to February, I see that as a failed launch in someways. But it depends on when somebody orders and how long they are willing to wait.

6. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

December 3 is what comes to mind.

That’s a month past launch, three billing periods past a year with my 7. I’m not sure I’m willing to wait much longer. I’d have to pay about $350 to keep the 7, but that’s still more than I’d get by selling it, so it’d still not be worth the energy. The whole thing would just piss me off enough that I might cancel the order and keep the 7 for another ten months.

But I could be wrong. I might still be so enamored by the X that it’d be worth waiting longer.

7. blaugrana69 macrumors regular

blaugrana69

Close to the 3rd Nov, another week perhaps ? Otherwise, sod it, I’ll keep my 7 Plus for another 10 months until the launch, presumably, of the next generation.

8. KingslayerG5 Suspended

KingslayerG5

The next X with hopefully 4gb of RAM. So 10 months after release. I really don't need to update to any new phone. I have seven now (used to be 11) and rotate between five daily. I'm generally an Android user but keep my SE in rotation every day. Typing on it now and it improves my accuracy when I type on a bigger display.

I bought a second hand HTC One M7 because it's my favorite design ever and it still is surprisingly very smooth for a 4.5 year old phone. I may just wait to get the iPhone 13 because that's a lucky number for me. 2020 / iPhone XIII w/ iOS14. Probably looks similar to the X with new color schemes and camera hump.

Avoid iOS11 like Windows Vista. I don't think Apple optimized it and was either too lazy or distracted with the X release to even care about the little details. It was catered mostly for iPad Pro. They messed up alot of iPhones with either lag, crashes, and battery drain even after a restore.

Next month's X feels like 4/5/6 & 6 Plus deja vu with some sort of -gate issues written all over it.

#antennagate
    #scuffgate
    #bendgate

Nokia N-Gage = Taco Phone
    Apple iPhone X = Notcho Phone

9. Bane-Thunder macrumors 6502

I've waited almost a year since the leaks and I can wait however long til mine arrives from my upgrade. Whats the rush? Why you act like you must have it on day one? It's ok to wait. I've waited for Destiny 2 on PC didnt buy the ps4 version. I'll wait patiently.

Thing you gotta remember here is there isnt an alternative. I don't like android had the S8 so the OLED iPhone is what i will wait for. The iPhone 8 is a pointless upgrade like the iPhone 7 so thats not an option at all.

10. Jjayf macrumors 6502

My iP6 is done. I'm nursing it along, but really, I'm getting less than four hours of battery life and periodically it just drains completely randomly from 20-30%. I need a new phone two months ago, so any wait past November is out of the question for me. If I can't get a X immediately, I'll likely move to the dark side.. I really don't want to have to do that, but I just can not invest interest in the 8 series, which is astetically identical to my 4 year old phone..

11. Zigourney macrumors regular

Will pre order on the 27th and am willing to wait till the 31st Dec 2017.
    If I get a ship date into 2018 - then I will walk into the apple store on the 27th of October and buy a iphone 8 plus, will play with it for 14 days and if I like it I will keep it until the X2 in 2018.

I cant justify buying the iphone X in 2018 when a new version will be out the same year!
    As always I will be buying the phone Sim Free outright.

12. MsRandall macrumors 65816

MsRandall

If my ship date is beyond 12/8 - I will keep my 7 plus until next launch - it’s paid off thank you T-Mobile. Bad thing is I have cases and a wireless charger for it

My watch should be here tomorrow - that will be my 2017 Apple donation if the x is tooo limited

13. zhandri Suspended

same for me. if they really screw up the X launch so bad (which i don't think will happen btw) that i don't get one until december i will go look for a different phone. not gonna go buy an iphone 8 and still give them my money if they can't get that X manufactured

14. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

Won’t be happy but as long as it takes.

Doubt it will be too bad.

15. Phone Junky macrumors 65816

Phone Junky

Your "4 year old" phone came out 3 years ago.

16. THE JUICEMAN macrumors 68020

THE JUICEMAN

I’m really hoping to get it day one. That will be one extra payment already..... that a random Apple person says will be refunded anyway.

But I’d pay one additional month on top of that to wait for it. That puts me a at a late November\early December date.

If I pre order within the first minute and can’t get it for another month I’m going to be pretty upset. But we shall see. The non geek person still doesn’t get up at 3am to buy a phone right? That’s still just us? Right??

17. Jjayf macrumors 6502

Yeah.. Assuming I would have to wait until 2018 for X delivery and I've had my the 6 since 2014 I suppose I should have said 3 years and 5 months. My bad.

18. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

If I don't get a launch day delivery I will just wait. That may sound crazy to some people, but I have a perfectly capable SE.

19. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

I'll preorder right at midnight so I don't expect to wait much past the release date. Worse case a few days.

20. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Good. Don't.

21. Jimpilot macrumors 6502a

Jimpilot

22. AlphaGuitarist macrumors 6502a

AlphaGuitarist

If my delivery timeframe slips past January 31, 2018, then I'm most certainly canceling. In fact, I may even cancel if it slips past December 31.

23. Zigourney macrumors regular

Iphone X is the hot new toy that everyone wants in time for Christmas, plus most people are skint after Christmas, apple knows it needs to have the supply ready to hit that all important holiday shopping period. I think most people will get one by then...