Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Feb 27, 2014
Did you guys order the similar specs as me? If so, how long did take for it come???

In early December about 1 hour. I walked into an Apple store in Phoenix and asked the sales attended if they had any late 2016 MBP15 SG, 2.9 GHz, 1TB 460 in stock. They had four. I said I'll take one.

Donald Barar

Patrick-Photo

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2012
Roughly 5-6 weeks via a Dutch Reseller, 2.7/512/460, Ordered on 16th november, delivered on the 23rd of december.

seeforyourself

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2014
Guys update:

I called my local Apple Store and they had one in stock. So I asked them if they can put it on hold and they did. Just picked it up and I'm using it now. Oddly it seems a lot faster than the 2.7ghz I returned. The only thing is that when I turned on the laptop, the displayed bugged out (went pink and had lines) then it went away so I found that a bit odd.

Thank you guys so much! I would of waited a while w/o a laptop if it weren't for you!

capelesshero

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
Chino Hills, CA
Guys update:

I called my local Apple Store and they had one in stock. So I asked them if they can put it on hold and they did. Just picked it up and I'm using it now. Oddly it seems a lot faster than the 2.7ghz I returned. The only thing is that when I turned on the laptop, the displayed bugged out (went pink and had lines) then it went away so I found that a bit odd.

Thank you guys so much! I would of waited a while w/o a laptop if it weren't for you!

Awesome! Glad to hear it! Don't worry mine does that too and it works perfectly fine.

seeforyourself

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2014
Awesome! Glad to hear it! Don't worry mine does that too and it works perfectly fine.

Update:

Display would constantly bug out. All colors would be distorted and the only thing that would fix it is a hard reset (holding down button).

Also a couple hours ago the display went out (keyboard buttons worked and I heard notifications going off in the background) but the screen was pitch black, as if it was off. restarting it fixed it though.

Might return it.... Or exchange it at the very least.

Also my brother took my charging cube to work with him and I couldn't charge my phone because I didn't have a USB adapter. I had to plug it into my slow cable box... sad.

Like what Apple did with the iPhone 7's lightning adaptor for the AUX , they should of done to the macbook pro's with the USB. Should come with it considering the machine is almost 4,000 after taxes and Apple care

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.