How long did it take you to get used to the 6 plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ipadlover29, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

Just wondering how long it took most people to get used to the 6 plus, especially if you came from a smaller phone?

I've had my 6 plus for 3 days and I absolutely love it. I am still getting used to using it since I have small hands. I had a 6 for about 4 weeks and the Apple store was nice enough to let me return it and get the 6 plus instead. I am having second thoughts about the plus. I'm afraid I will drop it. I do have 2 cases for it and plan on getting the speck candy shell grip. So far I don't see a huge improvement in battery life versus the 6. I only see maybe a 10%-15% improvement in battery life. My previous phone was the Samsung Galaxy s4. I definitely enjoy iOS more and can't go back to android. I am also heavily invested in Apple products now. I just can't decide between the 6 and 6 plus. I already own an iPad air and 15" MacBook pro retina so the larger screen mostly benefits me for mobile use.

2. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

keep the 6 plus! It will feel like second nature very soon. I've had mine for about 36 hours and have almost become acclimated to the larger size. I was concerned as well but since we are both iPad users, it only makes sense the 6+ will feel like a part of the device family.

3. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

Took me about a week coming from 5s. I can one hand it now 80% of the time if I want to.. or even two handed but not moving the hand at all, just using the two thumbs. One for quick Reachability, and one to go as high 1/3 line of the screen.

4. maka344 macrumors 6502a

maka344

I had the 6 originally, loved it but kept seeing the plus.

Swapped for the plus and loved the screen and battery, but felt it was too big. Went back to the 6 and then hated the smaller screen and worse battery then went back to the plus and now love it, it's a keeper.

Whole process was around a month

5. Ipadlover29 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have a feeling this may happen to me. I'm tempted to pick another 6 just so I can compare the 2 again. I think in the long run the plus is the way to go, if I can just get used to holding in my small hands.

6. TheSwede macrumors regular

Coming from a 5s, It took a day or two to get used to It.
    I just love everything about the plus and I finally get why the Samsung Note series have been so popular the last couple of years - a big screen makes all the difference!

7. fullauto macrumors 6502a

fullauto

Coming from a 4S - less than a day, the upgrade is such a leap forward there was nothing to be hesitant about.

I mapped my folders and most needed apps within my right thumbs reach and that was that.

It surprised me how often I was already using two hands on the 4S, there wasn't much difference in use.

Blown away when I see my 4S now.. it's so damn small..

8. fotomarc macrumors regular

fotomarc

I was really worried the 6 plus would be too big, coming from a iPhone 5. But after a week no regrets! Love the big screen. Picking up a iPhone 4 recently, it looks so tiny now! :apple:

9. fjd726 macrumors regular

I've had the plus for a week now. The first few days it felt fine in the hand. As the days go on, it feels worse in the hand, too big for carrying around on a daily basis and hate that I lost one handed control over it. I will be swapping to the 6.

10. loveleelatina macrumors member

As you can see its really all about personal preference. I had the 6 used it for a week and could not stop thinking that I should have gotten the plus...went and changed it and the plus was the best way to go for me. It felt large at first but a week into it and thats all changed. The battery life as well as big screen and camera was exactly what I wanted. I can not see myself going back to a smaller phone now. The plus is slippery and I always felt like I was going to drop it but adding a slim case fixed that problem and its great now.

11. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

I came from a 5s to a 6 that I used for about a week. The six felt right to me. I then bought a plus because I felt like that's the one I really wanted. As soon as I took it out of the box I felt some doubt. I tried it at the Apple Store and felt good about it, but it feels different when you have it in normal settings. This was on October 30, so I only had it 7 days so far.

For the first few days I wondered if I should keep it. At about the fourth or fifth day, it felt like the perfect phone and I'm happy with my choice. It doesn't feel as unwieldy as it did at first. The 6 feels small and the 5s feels like someone's playing a trick on me.

For me the first few days was just about getting comfortable with the size, but also getting frustrated with it because I tried to use it exactly how I used my 5s. I quickly adapted and changed the way I hold it and type, and it already feels like second nature.

12. iKaushal macrumors 6502

iKaushal

13. Ipadlover29 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Picked up the apple leather case today. The 6 plus is so much easier to hold now. I think I am finally getting used it and am definitely keeping it.

14. imola macrumors newbie

Took me about a day. When I picked up my old 5 though, I literally laughed out loud. Seemed like such a toy! Very happy with the new size.

15. iHeartsteve, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2014

iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Good choice. I think if I were to give apple more money I'd just go with the leather case. It will be interesting to see how it holds up with phone usage as opposed to a leather iPad cover.

16. dragonjinse macrumors 6502

1 day...
    And now I'm not used to any other iphones that are smaller than 6+

17. Alimar macrumors 6502a

Alimar

18. McPc macrumors 6502

McPc

I got my 6plus on launch day and have to say I'm still getting used to it. No doubt about it the 6plus is a BIG phone.

However, the 6plus screen size still amazes me though at times I still have to give some thought as to how I'm going to carry it with me depending on what I'm wearing.

I've checked out the 6 and while it is a more comfortable size to carry and use I just feel that the pleasure I get from the larger screen outweighs any inconvenience I have with it.

As for battery life I never had any issue with my old iPhone 5 lasting a day with my usage pattern but heck it's nice the 6plus has a little extra.

19. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I've had mine since launch and I'm still not used to it. It's a pretty big phone.

20. davewolfs macrumors regular

After owning it for a week I found that I only enjoyed it at home. So I sent it back. Simply put. I did not get used to it.

21. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

I use a 6 and 6+ side by side.....the + is awesome and if I could only keep one it would definitely be the +.

22. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

Switched from the 5 to the 6 Plus. It took me about three days to become accustomed to the size. Now my 5 feels like a little Barbie phone to me.

23. Shabbis macrumors regular

Took me about half a day to get used to the Plus. Had to go back to my 5 to get some information off it. No way I'd ever go back now.

24. Ipadlover29 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm not 100% happy with the leather case so far. I personally don't think Apple does a good job with its cases. There just way too expensive, very little protection and don't seem to last. I do like the fact that it's slim, but, it's still kinda sticky, I think that goes a way after awhile. Also the volume and power buttons are hard to distinguish just by feeling. I'm still looking for that perfect case. Something that is slim, Some protection and mainly grip.

25. wxman2003 Suspended

I've had the 6 plus since day 1. I could never go back to a smaller phone.