Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MEJHarrison

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
An hour? The biggest problem for me isn't holding it. I have huge hands. It's been transporting it. It really doesn't fit nearly as comfortably in my jeans pockets. Doesn't fit well in shirt pockets. It's just awkward to get it from A to B. But once I'm there, no issues at all. I'm even one-handing easier than I predicted.

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
Coming from a 5 inch S4 no time. It is taller though and just holding it a little further up the phone handles that issue. :apple:

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
I had a 5.

I pretty much was used to the 6+ immediately. I did put a skin on it as soon as I got the phone, which helped with grippiness (but didn't add bulk).

I have small hands and I absolutely LOVE my phone and can't imagine going back to something so small as the 5 again!

bjb.butler

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
Southern California
I'm not 100% happy with the leather case so far. I personally don't think Apple does a good job with its cases. There just way too expensive, very little protection and don't seem to last. I do like the fact that it's slim, but, it's still kinda sticky, I think that goes a way after awhile. Also the volume and power buttons are hard to distinguish just by feeling. I'm still looking for that perfect case. Something that is slim, Some protection and mainly grip.

the iPhone 6 leather case is the best case i've ever used

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
the iPhone 6 leather case is the best case i've ever used

I thought both cases were nice and always used good quality leather pouches for total protection on previous phones. I went with the Silicon one and very happy. Good grip and fit. Color coordinates well too. Without it I think I would be dropping phone a lot with my hand arthritis.

mdlooker

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2011
US
For some reason, when I went from my 5 to this, the transition wasn't awkward from the start.

Now there is a natural progression of learning features and ism's but in terms of getting "use" to it, seemed very natural to me.

HYPOKON2000

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2013
Long Island, NY
I had the 6 originally, loved it but kept seeing the plus.

Swapped for the plus and loved the screen and battery, but felt it was too big. Went back to the 6 and then hated the smaller screen and worse battery then went back to the plus and now love it, it's a keeper.

Whole process was around a month

What did you do with the 6? I'm getting a plus on Monday and have to get rid of my 6.

acblue94

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2011
New York, NY.
I've had the plus for a week now. The first few days it felt fine in the hand. As the days go on, it feels worse in the hand, too big for carrying around on a daily basis and hate that I lost one handed control over it. I will be swapping to the 6.

Hope you didn't fall in love with the battery life and that amazing screen. The regular iPhone isn't the same.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I was a bit worried by the size when I first got it. I've had it a week and a half now and I can honestly say I have no issues with the size.

I actually think it could go a bit bigger and I wouldn't mind. :eek:

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Had mine for two days now and I'm already used to it. You kind of have to accept that it isn't going to be a phone that you can easily use with one hand.

Eileen89

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2014
I had my iPhone 6 for a while first, so it only took me about a week to get used to the larger size. Now, my 6 looks small in comparison.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.