How long do you wait to charge your device?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IpadSC400, Nov 5, 2014.

1. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

I've always wondered if I'm out of the ordinary, I charge my devices usually before the red zone. Probably about 22%. Maybe that's because my battery life lasts 2 days? When do you charge your device?

2. snsking macrumors 6502

snsking

I tend to charge it once it hits anywhere from 35%-20%. And then I let it charge as long as I possibly can

3. Shabbis macrumors regular

From Apple's site:

Charge your Apple lithium-ion battery whenever you want. There’s no need to let it discharge 100% before recharging. Apple lithium-ion batteries work in charge cycles. You complete one charge cycle when you’ve used (discharged) an amount that equals 100% of your battery’s capacity — but not necessarily all from one charge. For instance, you might use 75% of your battery’s capacity one day, then recharge it fully overnight. If you use 25% the next day, you will have discharged a total of 100%, and the two days will add up to one charge cycle. It could take several days to complete a cycle. The capacity of any type of battery will diminish after a certain amount of recharging. With lithium-ion batteries, the capacity diminishes slightly with each complete charge cycle. Apple lithium-ion batteries are designed to hold at least 80% of their original capacity for a high number of charge cycles, which varies depending on the product.

4. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

I've never been one to "time" my charge cycles. At the end of the day before I go to sleep I plug it in and take it off in the morning. Never had a battery problem.

5. dannyTO macrumors regular

dannyTO

6. vietalogy macrumors 6502

I carry a anker 13000mah pack so I charge often.

7. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

This is pretty much what I do too. Or if I see that it's low during the day, I'll charge it, though that's gotten to be really rare with my 6+.

Just charge it when you're sleeping and you should be fine.

8. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Charge mine every night don't matter how much juice it has.

9. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I hate when it drops below 70%. If I'm around my laptop, I'll charge it and obviously when I go to bed. I sync my phone several times a week so if I had to, I could live with a 10g phone since I save my photos every week but I prefer to keep most on the phone.

10. Big Dawg 23 macrumors regular

I charge mine over night no matter the juice it has left. I do have it plugged in while using it for Navigation. I have always done this with every iPhone and never had an issue. Some days my two 6 Plus's(Personal AT&T and Work VZW) are at 30-40%.

11. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

If I'm near an outlet at work or at home and don't need my phone on me usually about 25-35% otherwise I just wait until I go to bed.

12. Alimar macrumors 6502a

Alimar

I charge almost every night. When gaming or DLing, I plug it in. When traveling using GPS, it's plugged in. From time to time, I'll carry a charger and lighter plug just in case. All-in-all, the Plus's battery is great.

13. Applefan4 macrumors 6502

Always when I come home from work, regardless of the %.

14. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

How long do you wait to charge your device?

I turned off the %; phone works the same when at 100% vs 5%

15. stasha macrumors 6502

When its 2%,or sometimes when im on the car i put the charger when im using the map

16. dvader123 macrumors regular

I thought I read somewhere that you shouldn't completely drain it before charging.

17. legioxi macrumors 6502a

Ditto. I use the heck out of my phone and I rarely need to charge more than just while sleeping.

18. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

For me it doesn't matter where the % is, I just plug mine every night before going to bed. Somedays it can be at 80%, some days it can be 60%. It varies. I just like to have my device fully charged for the next day.

19. cynics macrumors G4

Based on my plans. At work or if I have even the slightest plans of going out its charging. So it varies.

I use my phone so much for work and personal it can completely die twice a day.

20. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

On my last 5-6 iPhones and every cell phone I have had, I plug it in before going to bed no matter what is showing left at the end of the day.

I do not think I could stand to wait till it got to a certain point of discharge before I plugged it in. Sounds like a hassel to me.

21. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

If I'm out, I'll plug my phone in the car charger once it hits 20% or below.

If I'm home, I usually don't plug it in until it's around 5%.

I also plug my phone in each night prior to going to bed.

22. CelestialToys macrumors 6502

I wait until I'm near to the charger, then I plug it in.

23. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

I charge my phone pretty much every night regardless of how depleted it is. I've been doing this as long as I can remember and I've never had a battery issue worth noting.

24. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I usually don't put mine on the charger until it reaches 20%.