Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dianestory2

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
I charge mine every night, even if it hasnt had much use that day. I find it's always best to be prepared in as many ways as possible! :)

spacemnspiff

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2009
MD

Attachments

• DOD_battery.PNG
    DOD_battery.PNG
    19.9 KB · Views: 73

its Dale

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2013
LA California
I try not to charge it unless its <20%.. or i charge it whenever i know i wont be near an outlet and will need battery to last

have an aunt who used to keep her iPhone 5 charging while she was at work mon-fri and never let it get below 70% and the battery ended up dying faster and faster

TigerMSTR

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2014
I've always wondered if I'm out of the ordinary, I charge my devices usually before the red zone. Probably about 22%. Maybe that's because my battery life lasts 2 days? When do you charge your device?

You people really need to stop babying your phones. :rolleyes:

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
I spend most of my working day in the car so it stays plugged in pretty much all the time. When I'm off I try to not let it get lower than 50%. It seems overtime I let it get low something comes up and I'm on a near dead battery with no charger.

brgjoe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
Central IL, USA.
Pretty much just go ahead charge it when I get home after work.

Probably don't need to, since I am still usually sitting at 80% or so. But it's pretty much been a habit with my phones in the past -- and you never know when you will be thankful you had a fully charged phone at your disposal.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
Have no idea. Battery percentage is turned off. If I think I will run out when out I will put on charge. Mostly charge when it looks half way or under. Don't really care anymore. Apple is about user experience. Worrying and maintaining is a hassle so I like to believe apple put a lot of effort into taking care of this for me and I should just charge with no care in the world. If the indicator goes red so be it. If iphone turns off depleted so be it. I should just use my iPhone and enjoy the experience as it enhances my lifestyle.

Ps. I use to worry and watch it but that's not a happy life

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Well if I pay $700 on a smartphone, chances are I might "baby" it a little...

Not me. For that $700-$800 I expect to not to have to worry and just use my iPhone. I can't imagine waiting till it got to certain point of discharge before I charged it.

Some people must have no better things to worry about but then again, I must remember I am among some who their phone is their most prised possession in life.

Wait till you are working, married and have kids and a mortgage or maybe you people do not do that anymore. You will find that you new iPhone moves down the list of importance!:p

Fzang

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
I just charge it whenever it's convenient. No need to obsess about it.

theapplefanboyj

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2014
When I take it off charge I get on the bus and listen to music while reading books while I'm going to school. Where me and my friends hang out, I plug my phone in. I don't need to because it's slow but it keeps it 95% because since I'm talking to my friends I don't really need to have it in my hands. At lunch it's there as well but this time for a longer period because it's longer break. I don't charge it after that. This explains why my phone has been on 3G all day and it's 6pm and it's 62% . =D

o2breathe

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2014
When I am at home, I charge it when the 20% notification comes on. Also before I go to sleep if its under 90%

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
All my past iPhones needed charging at bed time, my 6 plus gets charged about ever 3 days or so. Never seen anything like this IPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.