How Long Does It Take You?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mr. Incredible, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Mr. Incredible macrumors 6502a

I really hope that my iPhone 4 isn't defective (been worried about it ever since the battery life thing).

But when a few apps weren't loading today (they usually do, don't know why they weren't at all today), I decided to turn my iPhone 4 off, and then turn it back on.

It took about 30 seconds for the iPhone 4 to go from off to the login screen. Is this normal?

I thought it would be much quicker than this?

Also, some apps (like Game Center, Safari, Facebook), would take forever to load. It's usually pretty instant, but when trying to get notification updates on facebook, or see the games on my game center, it was taking over 20 seconds to load, I didn't even finish loading, I just turned it off and on to get it work.

Is this normal for a phone to do this? I know that it's technology, and it's not going to work all the time, but still. I paid $200 for a quality apple product, I expect it to work properly all the time.

2. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

30 seconds seems normal enough, but the apps not loading isn't normal at all. That never happens to me. Since I loaded 4.3 everything seems to be even snappier and more fluid.

3. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't have a gsm iphone, mines cdma, and running 4.2.3.

Is 4.3 available for the cdma iphone, or just for the gsm model?

4. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

You're running either 4.2.5 (stock) or 4.2.6 (what it should be). The Verizon CDMA iPhones shipped w/ 4.2.5 but the moment you plugged into iTunes it should've asked you to update to 4.2.6. It never came w/ 4.2.3.

Anyhow no you cannot get 4.3 for the CDMA iPhone right now. You probably won't ever be able to get 4.3 specifically but 4.3.1 or another .X of it. The reason being is until the summer iPhone refresh the chipset differences in the GSM/CDMA iPhones will require different software for the phone control. Hence they will have slightly different values in #'s until then.

The Verizon iPhone is already using the CDMA/GSM chip that Apple is moving to, and once the summer refresh happens the GSM one will use that same chip. Meaning both carriers can use the same updates hypothetically (and realistically).

Keep an eye out for the next update, but right now 4.2.6 is the current

5. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

You're right, I should've checked before mentioning what I did. It is 4.2.6, but is that the reason to why my apps take forever to load?

It's not always, it just happened today, not sure why.

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

The loading speeds in some apps might be limited from data connection speeds.