How long does your MBP stay asleep before going dead?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WardC, Jan 19, 2011.

1. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

OK, here is a good question...if you put your MacBook Pro to sleep, and leave it on sleep for a few days, how long does it last on sleep before totally draining the battery? I have two of the new MacBook Airs, and I know they can last over a month on sleep and still have like 2 or 3 hours of battery when you wake them. My previous MacBook Pro (2007 model) couldn't last 4 days on sleep without totally draining the battery. How do the 2010 models do on sleep mode, and how long can they last on sleep before totally losing charge?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It depends on how much charge the battery had and it's health and capacity when you enter sleep mode. It should use approximately 1% of battery power for every hour of sleep.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: Apple Notebook Battery FAQ

3. WardC thread starter macrumors 68030

WardC

What did I say, 4 days...that is 96 hours. 96% of battery charge lost in 4 days? Sounds about damn right.

4. wordoflife, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  5. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

5 days? Damn...the only thing nice about the MBA is the 30 day standby time...

6. hzxu macrumors regular

If you use hibernate(save current ram to disk) instead of sleep(use a little bit battery to maintain the current content of ram), it won't consume any power, so that's what I did to change battery while be able to resume my work.

7. WardC thread starter macrumors 68030

WardC

Hibernate? I thought sleep was the only option on Mac OS X. Closing the lid or selecting "sleep" from the Apple menu. Is there a "hibernate" option?