How long for verizon LTE to activate?

ljx718

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 13, 2008
ive been waiting for an hour after the monthly purchase for 2GB went through for LTE to kick in, but nothing. Im in an area that has LTE. it shows that its getting 3-4 bars of verizon 3g, but even that is not working. When i try to do anything, it says that the cellular network is not activated.

lte is switched on, as is 3g data. any ideas what it could be?

IPad 3 verizon lte , 32 gb

darwinian

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2008
In R4, more or less
You know that thing you have to reset? I had to reset it again. I can't recall what the specific item is called right now, though, sorry. It's one of the options in General->Settings-> Reset->Network/Subscriber services ... something to that effect.

ljx718

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 13, 2008
so apprently theres different 4g lte for phones and different 4g lte for tablets and miami is not covered for 4g lte for tablets but it is for cell phones. WTF?

directly from verizon CS

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010
so apprently theres different 4g lte for phones and different 4g lte for tablets and miami is not covered for 4g lte for tablets but it is for cell phones. WTF?

directly from verizon CS

I'd call back again. That sounds like some CS Rep has no idea what they are talking about...

Craiger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2007

directly from verizon CS
this sounds completely untrue.

ljx718

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 13, 2008
I'd call back again. That sounds like some CS Rep has no idea what they are talking about...
not only that, but she said i would not be able to even use verzion 3g. i just chuckled a bit and i said "thanks for your help and hung up"

----------

Did you update the ESN online or call? And make sure you have a 4G LTE data plan as well
directly from the ipad

aka777

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
That's actually very bad news to hear. That means the LTE for tablets is like their LTE for hotspots, which is constantly having some sort of issue.

No wonder they do not offer the 4gb on the tablets.

orlandocano

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010

directly from verizon CS
That is 100% false... but not all of Miami is covered... They have something on their coverage map called "extended LTE coverage area" but thats BS... My roomates 4G LTE Rzr NEVER gets service in that extended area...

Where are you trying to use it?? It mostly works East of the turnpike and north of SW 120th St.... into downtown and the beaches.... all the way into Broward....

ljx718

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 13, 2008
That is 100% false... but not all of Miami is covered... They have something on their coverage map called "extended LTE coverage area" but thats BS... My roomates 4G LTE Rzr NEVER gets service in that extended area...

Where are you trying to use it?? It mostly works East of the turnpike and north of SW 120th St.... into downtown and the beaches.... all the way into Broward....
im on 162nd sw 88 st in kendall

gsimmons1987

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2008
Can't seem to get mine to activate at all. It's been over 2 hours already. Starting to wish I went with AT&T, they've been good to me for the last 10 years but I wanted to take advantage of the Hotspot feature....