How long have you been waiting for MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by beisball28, Feb 11, 2008.

?

How long have you been waiting for MBP?

1. Less Than 1 month

9 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. 1-2 months

21 vote(s)
    23.3%
  3. 2-3 months

13 vote(s)
    14.4%
  4. 4-6 months

17 vote(s)
    18.9%
  5. 6+ month

30 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. beisball28 macrumors member

I don't mean for this to be a competition or anything, but im curious as to how long everybody has been waiting or holding off from buying MBP.

Anyways, personally im in no real hurry to get MBP and I've been waiting since October... How long has it been for everyone else?

2. paul17win macrumors member

paul17win

since last june, haha right around when the SR was announced just didnt have the funds its been a long wait

3. M&M macrumors regular

M&M

April 2004, started saving for this beautiful machine. Now I have all the money needed. Officially waiting since July 2007. I hope is tomorrow...:rolleyes:

4. aiterum macrumors 6502

aiterum

5. Dan0903 macrumors member

I've been twiddling my thumbs since last September :D

6. Marioarm2 macrumors newbie

I've been waiting since about November. I didn't know about the MBP update since then (I was considering MacBook) but now that I have the money and want to get a MBP, I've been waiting since December.

7. pwdrqst macrumors newbie

8. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

..since the Black Aluminum MacBooks never came. :(

9. Twilight Elk macrumors regular

Twilight Elk

A few weeks (I expressed interest in Apple's products starting June 2007, but didn't expect to actually order something from them until Nov. 07 [iPod Classic 80gb])

10. G.I. Joe macrumors regular

G.I. Joe

11. weyus macrumors member

September '07, right around the time my Inspiron 8500 motherboard (now switched out, thanks) started to flake out.

I do Ruby on Rails development, so lots of professional pressure to switch as well since no one tests or develops Rails stuff on Windows.

Can't wait...

Wes

12. Timmernator macrumors newbie

Timmernator

About a month, I think...

I was all set to pop for a 15/2.4 refurb on a co-worker's reccommendation when I stumbled across this site & the rumors about the Penryn & updated multitouch pad - figured it wouldn't hurt to wait till the end of the month & see what happens.

I could save a lot of $$$ on the refurb, though. It's a tough call!! :p

13. markild macrumors member

14. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I've been passively waiting for about 6 months... I knew I wanted a Macbook Pro w/ a 45nm proceesor in it.

I've been REALLY wanting one since I got my new job 4 months ago and I use my mac for day to day work...

And i've been one of the loser fanatics since macworld, when it wasn't announced like I was hoping!

:D

Here's to tomorrow!

15. MickdyMickdyMAC macrumors member

I started saving $ for a MBP around July 07 thinking Apple would drop the bomb at Macworld 08, but instead of putting the money in a piggy bank or savings account I bought Apple stock. It was going pretty good to plan until 08 appeared, the market got slammed and Apple dropped something else at Macworld. I had to pull the chute on my shares to stay ahead and now it's just a waiting game for me.

16. tennisplaayer11 macrumors member

Right around late August-early September when school was just starting, I wanted to get a new one for back to school but I decided to wait for MWSF and have been waiting ever since.

17. Richie Ni macrumors newbie

Not too long.
    I purchased a MB and 24' iMac last year and a few weeks ago I realized MBP looked nice,hopefully they'll release the new MBP's this tuesday!

18. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Since May 2007, but I bought my current MBP in July 2007 :D

P.S. I must apologise to people who find my posts offensive. If you have any problem please do send me a private message. x

19. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Since September.. 5 months which feel like FOREVER.

20. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

where is the i dont want a new macbook pro update because everyone will start complaining about them coming out right after they bought theirs a week ago choice?

21. Elektroakoustik macrumors member

Elektroakoustik

December 2006

Was going to get one but didn't have the money. Then I had the money but wanted to wait for an update. Then they updated to SR, but I wanted Leopard pre-installed. Then Leopard was released and I wanted to wait for Macworld 07 for a penryn update. That never happened so thus I'm still waiting.

I'm too patient... hahaha...

I kept waiting because I didn't need a new computer immediately. But its getting to the point where I'm actually going to need a new computer soon.

I'm doubtful the update will be tomorrow. But I'm also doubtful that they would put it in the same event as the iphone SDK. That just doesn't line up at all.

22. jus407 macrumors member

RIGHT?! that would have been SEXY and i would have never even thought twice about getting a macbook pro if they had that!!!

23. jinxer5000 macrumors member