How long? --> Mail-in Rebate | Ipod Touch (Apple Promo)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BartZiller, Jul 7, 2009.

1. BartZiller macrumors member

Any ideas how long it takes to receive the mail-in rebate for the free Ipod promotion once you claimed it?

Apple websites states:
    "your claim has been received and it may take up to 30 days to be processed" -
    something similar like that. I am just wondering wheather it really takes so long?

I am waiting since 2 weeks for some apple mail in my mailbox ;)

Thanks!

2. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

3. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

4. BartZiller thread starter macrumors member

Should be a mail in rebate not a direct refund to the credit card, right?

5. mrj205 macrumors regular

That is correct. It comes as a check in the mail. My rebate status has been in the "will be processed within 30 days" status for about 3 weeks now. I assume it is taking longer than most report due to the high volume of these rebate requests coming in with the BTS promo.

6. suekitch macrumors regular

My rebate (in the UK) is sitting at something like "we are trying to contact you to help confirm some details" which has me a bit concerned.

Of course, no attempt to contact me has been made so I'll be ringing them first chance I get when I get back to England.

7. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

if you purchase a mbp pro in the apple store, can you be eligible for the ipod touch immediately right then and there?

8. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Yes, you have to buy the two items in the same purchase to be eligible to receive the rebate. If you are asking about an instant rebate, only places like Best Buy appear to be offering an immediate discount.

9. duky macrumors 6502

The BestBuy immediate rebate thing is spotty at best. I went to BestBuy and they basically said they don't do that after a bunch of deliberation. The only official instant rebate I know about is purchasing it in CT or RI or ordering online with a CT or RI billing address.

As for the OP, I've gotten one rebate a week later (the computer and iPod were bought online), another one 2.5 weeks later (because they were bought from campus store I had to mail in the rebate form etc) and there's another one that I'm sitting on that I see the same info you do (Currently processing and can take up to 30 days) and this is the 3rd week now (bought from an Apple Store) but there was a confusion with the receipt that I had to sort out for them a few weeks ago.

P.S. When they say "we're trying to contact you" they actually make no effort to contact you and I had to contact them--that was at least in my experience.

10. Schmeiny macrumors newbie

Finally got confirmation today that my rebate is being sent for the printer and ipod touch. I bought the macbook on June 10 and submitted the rebate June 15.

11. xIGmanIx macrumors 6502a

probably 6-8 weeks so that apple like all companies can make so money off the interest of your rebate.

12. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

Last year, the rebate took a few days; it was very fast. Now, I've submitted the rebate 7 days ago and it hasn't been mailed yet.

13. alecapple macrumors regular

Buy a mac for college iPod rebate question

I'm about to buy a Macbook Pro 13" next week, and I was wondering how long you guys had to wait, from the time you submitted the claim for the rebate, until the time you got the money. And in what form does the money come? (check, credit to your credit card?)

Thanks

Sorry if this was the wrong place to ask the question.

14. Jazojas12 macrumors regular

My friend got hers after 4 days. It's been 3 weeks and I still don't have mine. I'm assuming it comes in check form but don't know. Hopefully I'll get mine soon.

15. alecapple macrumors regular

Yeah, I just called apple, and they said that it can take anywhere from 2-30 days, so maybe it's girls first...

And it's a check.

16. TheWart macrumors newbie

Your thread prompted me to check my status, and it says it has been shipped!

It was in the 'processing' stage for about 3 weeks....

17. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

It's going on like 5 weeks with mine, I just got the rebate for the printer. I hope my ipod comes next week.

18. natebookpro macrumors 6502a

I did this last year and had my check in my hands in I believe 7 days. I was pleasantly surprised.

19. mrbrightside623 macrumors regular

I did it last year and got my printer and ipod touch rebate within 2 weeks. 1 week for my ipod touch rebate and a week later was the printer rebate.

-Tony

20. Onay macrumors newbie

You apply for the rebate simply by going to http://www.apple.com/promo and putting in your account information that you used to purchase your macbook with the ipod. It already knows that you bought the two together and you can file for your rebate there. The funds are just placed back onto the credit card you paid for it with.

I applied for my rebate about 2 and a half weeks ago and still nothing yet.

21. theMaccer macrumors 6502a

theMaccer

2 weeks for me now, and nothing yet. I think for most people it would be 3-4 weeks.

22. InvalidUserID macrumors 6502a

InvalidUserID

I don't recall the exact timeframe but I know it was MUCH quicker than other rebates I've gotten. I want to say somewhere around 2-4 weeks.

23. sascha h-k macrumors 6502

sascha h-k

24. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I've taken advantage of the BTS rebate twice, and both times it's taken about a month.

25. flipflop4 macrumors newbie

Mine came after around 2 weeks :)

I was really relieved as I tore the ipod barcode in several places so I was worried they wouldn't accept it! But they did - phew!