How long to receive White iPhone 4 after ordering?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by keifer64, May 31, 2011.

1. keifer64 macrumors newbie

Anyone order a White iPhone lately?
    My 3G has become flaky (reboots in the middle of a call, sound stops working etc.) Since it's been 3 years, I ordered a new white iPhone 4 two weeks ago from AT&T... was told I would have it in a day or two.... a week later the online status said that it was on back order.. now two weeks out, it's still on back order and my phone is getting exponentially worse. So how long have other people been waiting?

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I don't really know about AT&T.com, but I would call and ask them. AT&T.com has been known for slow shipping though.

Waiting for a new iPhone for 2 weeks would have drove me crazy. I literally push my face against my window waiting for the deliver truck when it says "out for delivery". Anyways, back to your question ... Maybe you can cancel your order and order from Apple.com which currently ships within 24 hours. Or you could pick it up at your local AT&T store. Pretty much all the stores in my area have had a solid supply of white iPhones so I would assume the same for most other places.

3. richardc1983 macrumors regular

Buy it sim free from the apple store.

You can put in your zip/postal code and it gives you the dispatch date.

4. marc11 macrumors 68000

Don't about the US, but I walked into a Softbank shop in Tokyo and 15 min later walked out with a white 32gb fully working iPhone.

5. J Griz 757 macrumors regular

J Griz 757

I received my white iP4 3 days after buying on ebay :D And am selling my old iP4 on ebay as well.

But if you're cool with upgrading through At&t to avoid paying alot, I don't really know how long it's taking. I just know alot of people are saying they're on back order.

6. fender57 macrumors 6502

You should have ordered it directly from Apple, they would automatically give you the subsidized rates that you would get going through AT&T. Website says it ships within 24 hours, I know I can walk into any Apple Store around here and buy the white iPhone 4, seems to be plenty in stock.

7. keifer64 thread starter macrumors newbie

can't order direct

I can't order from apple or show up at their store because I'm on a business account.

I was hoping someone would say they ordered one and it from AT&T and it took x amount of time to get.

Now that it's been 2 1/2 weeks and still hasn't shipped, I'm hoping that it's because Apple isn't making them any more and next week they start shipping the new iPhone 4S / 5 / whatever.... but I know I won't be that lucky.

So far, I've been ready to throw my phone through a window about once a day when the lock up and sudden reboots gets to much..... other times I want to throw it at our AT&T business rep who promised me 1 to 2 days to get my phone

thanks for letting me vent

8. pyro008 macrumors 6502

Apple may not work, but the B&M ATT store should work fine with a business account. Of course, I have no idea but it doesn't seem logical that you can't go there with any type of ATT account.

9. the.sheepdog macrumors regular

the.sheepdog

when I took an early free upgrade to get the white 4 from ATT the pkg came from apple. I had it in less than 5 days. I ordered on a friday also and had it in my hands on wednesday afternoon.

10. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

If by SIM free you mean factory unlocked, those aren't available in the United States.

11. svenhoops macrumors newbie

I ordered one for my wife on AT&T online last Monday and received it the next day.