how long until watch notification disappears?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Technodynamic, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Technodynamic macrumors 6502

Technodynamic

Scenario:

Your washing your hands, you hear your watch chime... you don't want to raise your arm at that moment. 8 seconds later you are done, turn the water off and look. Oops! Too late, you missed it. Now you have to touch the watch with your finger and swipe down to see what it was that just chimed 10 seconds ago.

Can you change this time to allow more forgiveness? I feel like its about 10 seconds, maybe less before the notifications goes away.

2. Technodynamic thread starter macrumors 6502

Technodynamic

3. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

No, you can only change the "display on" time if it follows a finger tap. I had changed that, but changed it back. From 15 seconds to 70 seconds was too long - not sure why Apple didn't do something more middle of the road, like 30 seconds.

4. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

I've had that same situation, and sometimes wish that timeout was a little longer.

5. brianric macrumors regular

70 seconds is fine by me. I just put my right hand over the watch face to turn it off, and I have wake screen on wrist raise off.

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

70 seconds was specifically for medical professionals who need it to stay on for at least a minute to check their patients' vitals. Apple doesn't seem to care about having it stay on for longer than 15 seconds for any other reasons.