How many are actually keeping their 6 plus for sure?

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
I keep seeing threads popping up about how many users exchanged their 6 plus for the 6. I've had my 6 plus since the 19th and I'm loving it. My wife had doubts about her plus so I urged her to get the 6 and she did. I understand its not for everyone. How many are 100% sure they will be keeping it? I know I am. I'm just curious as many are switching to the fun sized iphone 6 :)

UPDATE 30th September: My wife saw me on the porch this afternoon watching a YouTube video on my plus and I see her looking over. She then says, I miss my plus lol. Tried to tell her the 6 is better for her but she was not hearing it. Anyway, she went to the Apple Store and basically got the last 6 plus 128gb for AT&T in all of Houston. No Apple Store has any!. She's very excited and will not stop talking about how she missed watching and seeing things a lot easier. Back to me, I'm still loving mine :)

Last edited:

Appleloves22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
I never wanted the 6. It was practically the same size as my 5 with a Mophie on it. I love my plus!

SonRK

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2011
I've had my 6+ since Friday morning 8:15AM.

I am not switching back to a smaller screen phone anytime soon. Remember it's those who are unhappy/complain that will be vocal about their switches/reasoning. People who are pleased just go on with their lives and use the phone that they enjoy

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
I wonder how many people gave up the 6 Plus for the fact that performance is worse on it. It has twice as many pixels to push with the same hardware as the 6. Not too mention laggy animations. Hmmmm.

SonRK

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2011
I wonder how many people gave up the 6 Plus for the fact that performance is worse on it. It has twice as many pixels to push with the same hardware as the 6. Not too mention laggy animations. Hmmmm.

True, this might actually be the main defining reason someone should go to the normal 6. I haven't seen slowdown/lag in person....yet

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Performance is the same. Read the tests. Laggy is from spotlight indexing.

Tobias Funke

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2012
I was on the fence if I should return right up to the 14th day with my iPhone 5.

I decided on the first day I got the 6+ I was keeping it. :D

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
Glad to see a bunch of real plusers around here. I have used both my plus and the 6 at the same time for a while and really don't see a difference in the performance.

myscrnnm

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
Had mine since launch day as well. Pretty sure I'm keeping it. Of course I have to change some of my phone use habits to accommodate the different size, but that's a given no matter what the product, be it a computer or a car.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
Performance is the same. Read the tests. Laggy is from spotlight indexing.
Ugh NO! I have my 6+ since probably before you and it lags. The lag is not bad. It's more of an occasional hiccup or stutter, but its there. My mom's 6 does not lag. I also notice a very noticeable delay when pressing the home button to multitask.

So there, that makes there a noticeable difference between the two. Enough said.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
I'm not, it's going back.

I mean, it's too big. I'm embarrassed to be seen with it.
It bends.
Screen is fuzzy.
Too slow.
Laggy.
Yellowish screen.
Scuff marks.
iOS 8.01
1GB of RAM
Doesn't fit in my pocket.
Too big for ME.
Can't use it one handed.
Can't even glance at my email.
My thumb hurts.
I can't hold it well.
My eyes are bleeding.
Can't carry it in my pocket.
Did I mention it's too big?
And slow.
And laggy.

Did I miss anything? Oh yeah, it's going back.

pete480

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
Long Island, NY

My 6+ has absolutely no issues whatsoever.

----------

Definitely keeping it. Never even thought about returning it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.