iPad How many are skipping the mini and getting the air this time around?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Hello..., Nov 9, 2013.

1. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

If you have the mini or had the mini are you buying the iPad air this time?
    I did and I probably will not go back to the mini ever again.

2. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I was set on getting a mini until yesterday morning. I ended up getting the Air as there was no hassle with stock and after seeing it in the flesh, it's a lovely device. Decided to get it in white/silver too after deciding it was my preferred option. Matches my white iPhone rather well too. :)

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'll be getting a retina mini when it comes out, though some of the reports about display quality/ghosting have given me pause. I may wait until after the holidays to see how things shake out.

4. cyrax83 macrumors member

Was very much intending on the rmini but after playing with both sizes for an hour the Air screen just fits and the weight is great now. Been playing with it for 2 days and happy to say I made the right choice

5. chrisrosemusic1 macrumors 6502a

chrisrosemusic1

Have a 3rd Gen iPad which the Mrs uses and I bought a mini earlier this year.

Haven't even played with an Air but still ordered one on Friday. Awaiting to see how I re adjust to the bigger size.

6. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I currently have a Mini with cellular. I am keeping it and bought an Air instead of the Mini 2.

----------

Sorry but the Mrs will be using the Air instead of the 3 so what will you do??? :D

7. New Apple macrumors regular

i will skip the air and get the mini r

8. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

9. New Apple macrumors regular

10. kerr macrumors member

I just bought a 13" rMBP. I won't be buying either iPad until they get TouchID (next year I assume).

11. Hello... thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hello...

12. That70sGAdawg macrumors 6502a

That70sGAdawg

N.Georgia, USA (on the Lake, near the Mountains)
    The mini is still too wide to fit in suit, sport coat, and a lot of jacket pockets so I don't see the point of going with the smaller screen now that the Air is here. The Nexus 7 is just small enough with the 16:9 ratio to fit in those pockets, but I like my Air better now that we have better speakers to go with better apps.

13. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

Not sure what kind of pockets you have but mini fits in my suit jacket and all outer coats easily. #1 reason the Air is worthless to me. Mini FTW

good things come to those who wait.

14. That70sGAdawg macrumors 6502a

That70sGAdawg

N.Georgia, USA (on the Lake, near the Mountains)
    The inside coat pocket, not the outside where it could fall out easily.

15. MauerFan07 macrumors member

I think I am. While my MBP is my main machine, I've found myself trying to do light work on my mini, and it's a little difficult with the smaller screen. I'd also like at least 32GB.

16. SsSsSsSsSnake macrumors newbie

was going to get it
    but bought the Air and i like it a lot,won't be getting the mini now.

17. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Yes no more mini, good for kids and womens handbags, men get a real iPad:)

18. chabig macrumors 68040

19. christurbo macrumors regular

Definitely going to stick with the Air after almost taking it back for the RMini. It's grown on me and ticks all boxes.

20. Aneres11 macrumors 65816

Aneres11

Been using my Air since it arrived on Wednesday and loving it.

Mum has a Mini. I picked it up before and loaded a random website on it - couldn't believe how much I didn't enjoy the experience! Could hardly read anything on the screen! Had to keep making the screen bigger to read - was really annoying.

Having said that the weight of the Mini has always been great - but I'd rather have the heavier Air with that amazing screen over a Mini any day, even a Mini with a retina display! Way too small for me. :)

21. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

I had the original mini, and had never owned a retina iPad. I was mainly concerned with the weight and size. Once they dropped the Air to a lb and slimmed it down, I knew I would eventually give in and grab one.

The size mixed with the power is great. The retina mini will be powerful and portable, but the screen size got in the way for me sometimes.

22. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

I went ahead and sold my first gen mini on Craigslist for $275 and then went and bought a 32 GB Air. I was thinking of holding out until the retina mini comes out in a couple weeks, but I went to the Apple store and just fell in love with the Air. Whipped out my phone in the Apple store and bought it online for store pickup so I got my employee discount from my job :D

I love it so far. I've never owned a retina iPad, only the first gen iPad and the first gen mini. I have never liked the 2nd-4th gen's design, so I jumped at the mini. It was just logical for me to get the Air since I love the mini's design, but wanted more screen space.

23. DesertEagle macrumors 6502a

DesertEagle

I am. After reading numerous websites about 8 vs 10 inches (for tablets, that is), I went for iPad Air. It has a way lighter feel than I thought possible with a full-size iPad, and the display quality is great!

Btw, I'm coming from an iPad 2 so this was a huge upgrade for me.

24. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

I picked up a 128GB LTE Air last week. So far everything is great on it. Not really missing my mini much since the larger screen is nice. The additional weight is a little concerning though since I had been using the mini since release. I'm picking up the mini Retina for the wife since she puts it in her purse. If I continually get wrist fatigue over the next week or so, I might return and get a mini Retina. So far, the weight and form factor are better than the iPad3 but it's still not as portable as the mini.

25. Hello... thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hello...

I was lucky, I gave my launch day mini to my kid, and bought another one in August , I called apple for another reason and he mention how I like my. Mini, I said loved it but going to Buy the iPad air because it's bigger.

Even though I have the iPad mini for two months he said I'm going to return the mini and give you full amount of credit on which was really nice of Apple and I and unexpected.

I've been placed the order for the iPad air and my credit and payment both on the same credit card and it worked out well