How many carry mouse when on the go?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by erea, Mar 18, 2013.

?

Do you carry your mouse with you when you are on the go?

1. Yes

32 vote(s)
    42.7%
  2. No

43 vote(s)
    57.3%
  1. erea macrumors newbie

erea

I have been a MB and MBP user for 7 years now. I love everything about the Apple's notebook computers.

My question to all of you is... Do you carry your mouse (magic mouse or otherwise) around with you when you are on the go?

I started carrying mine around with my MBP after I purchased my Magic Mouse.

Just wondering if this is normal or not.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, I always take my mouse when I travel. It's far more efficient than the trackpad.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I carry a small wireless travel mouse for my MBA that I keep in my bag when I am on the road
    I don't always use it, but I like having it handy at times

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wherever my laptop goes, the mouse goes with it.

5. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

Been carrying a Logitech MX518 in my bag for years, long before I switched back to Mac full time at the beginning of 2011.

6. erea thread starter macrumors newbie

erea

Good to know I'm not completely alone. There isn't a poll feature that I can use with this thread is there?

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

How does it help to know what others do, since it has no bearing on what works for you? Everyone has different needs and preferences. It's pretty much useless information.

8. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Go to your original post and click edit. You will find the poll features available then.

9. erea thread starter macrumors newbie

erea

Well a friend and I were talking about mouse pads, and I said it would be cool to make one that also functioned as a carry sleeve for the mouse because I hate just throwing my Magic Mouse into my messenger bag. Then it got me wondering if I am just an oddball for carrying around my mouse with my MBP or if it is pretty normal.

This is all really just out of curiosity.

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

For those who prefer a mouse to a trackpad, it's quite normal for them to take the mouse with them when they travel.

11. erea thread starter macrumors newbie

erea

I think I might be too n00b to use polls in my threads, as I didn't see any options for it when I went in to edit it. It's fine though.

12. B... macrumors 68000

B...

You have to click show advanced options.

13. bitfidelity macrumors member

I always pair my rMBP with a Logitech Anywhere MX. The trackpad is too impractical for longer movements.

14. vatter69 macrumors 6502a

vatter69

Actually i haven't used a mouse yet at all. Coming from a Windows laptop, the glass trackpad on the Retinas (probably same on the classic) is so well thought out that i'm enjoying it and haven't connected my Logitech laser mouse yet.

15. Asuriyan macrumors 6502a

I love the trackpad. I have never said that about any trackpad before the current single-surface multitouch pad. I'll plug in a mouse for Windows, but on OS X I generally don't feel any need for one.

That said, I've never used a Magic Mouse. I have used the Logitech equivalent and didn't care for it all that much. Something I'll have to try one of these days.

16. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I need to correct myself. It's under the Thread Tools drop-down.

[​IMG]

17. karpich1 macrumors regular

It's a valid question. Some people I know have politely made fun of someone for carrying around a big ol' mouse when they have a perfectly good touch-pad on their laptop already.

Others hate the touchpad and would rather use a mouse.

So it's a valid question to satisfy curiosity... what's the "split" like between mouse-carryers and touchpad users?

18. benwiggy macrumors 68020

Can I ask those who use mice while travelling: what mouse do you recommend?

I'm happy with any old cheap, small mouse, but the one thing I can't stand is that they all give you over a meter of cable. Argggh!!!

The mouse is going to be immediately adjacent to the laptop. Always!!!!! 0.5m would be the absolute maximum cable. (I'd rather not have to keep changing batteries either.)

19. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I prefer the Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX™. It's compact, has a tiny receiver that can stay plugged in all the time, even in a sleeve, has many programmable buttons, gets good battery life, works on any surface (including glass), comes with its own travel pouch and is very reliable.
    [​IMG]

20. B... macrumors 68000

B...

How aout a wireless mouse with a rechargeble battery (aka Magic Mouse)?

21. robvas macrumors 68020

22. erea thread starter macrumors newbie

erea

Well at least I'm not crazy haha. Thanks for the help!

----------

Sorry for adding this late in the game, but the poll is now up!

23. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

I use a 2013 Razor Orochi, great mouse and it's Bluetooth so I don't have a USB dongle hanging off the side.

24. NMF macrumors 6502a

NMF

My MBP already has a Magic Trackpad built in; there's no need for me to bring another. :p

25. dastinger macrumors 6502a

dastinger

I usually bring the Magic Mouse alongside with the MBP but I often find me using the trackpad with the mouse standing right next to the MBP lol.