How Many Cases Have Bought So Far For Your iPhone 5

JBryan84

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
I currently have 6 haha. I also just got my i5 Ghost Armored so probably won't be using any of the cases for a little while. First case I bought was the black Griffin Reveal from Best Buy. Then went to Verizon store and bought their black silicone cover case. Couple days later I was in Target and purchased the black BestCase Apple Bumper replica and a black BestCase snap on case. I ordered the Gear4 clear back case and received it a few days ago, it's similar to the Griffin Reveal but has more rounded edges, the clear backs on both scratch very easily though and look like crap after only a couple days of usage. Then read about the Incipio Frequency case at RadioShack and picked one of those up, love that case and it came with a screen protector and a little plastic stand. My order of favorites cases so far are as follows:
1. Incipio Frequency
2. Target BestCase snapon case
3. Gear4 clear back
4. Griffin Reveal
5. Target BestCase Apple bumper
6. Verizon black silicon case
I will be rocking my iphone 5 with just ghost armor though, I love the grippiness it adds and although it may not be the greatest protection against drops, it works perfectly against scratches, nicks and you can set your iPhone down on any surface without worrying about the aluminum getting beat up.

DimeTech

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2003
1 so far. Rocketfish TPU until I find one I like. I'm thinking about the switcheasy tones. Everybody's "raving" about it. Lol

Sgt93

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2010
Retired'ville
2. The cheap clear eBay one I received on the initial ship day for IP5 and the Commuter. My 3rd will be the LifeProof.

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
One AViiQ, and two $1.99 bumper cases off of ebay. Returned Incase slider because it left scuff marks on back and returned Kicksnap because it came scratched and cracked.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
Two.

Incipio frequency and the Photive bumper. I've been using the Frequency more, but I like both.

I will probably get a higher end case when they're released. Maybe the updated Graft Leverage (I had one for my 4S and it was my favorite case)...and, maybe, if I break down, I might pick up a Deff Cleave. The one for the 5 is SO sweet looking.

Popsie

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2009
Ghent, Belgium
5 :

2 Slights, one clear, one black... both rubbish.

1 Muvit minigel, mmmmm... don't know what to think ... got to put it on the phone before i can decide.

1 Switcheasy Tones, i think this will be it !

1 O!zaki 0.3

Another 17 days of patience...

Last edited:

faiz23

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2010
Otter Box Commuter: $20
Speck Candy Shell: $17.50

Generik AG/AF film: $3.95
Xtreme Guardz Front and Rear (only using rear): $1.50

dakota316

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2011
Missouri
2. Otterbox Defender and just today got me an Incipio Feather. Love the Incipio, but cant deny the protection of the Defender.

ScubaCinci

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
Cincinnati OH
One. Given that the difference in resale price between "like new" and "used" was about $50 on previous phones, I see no reason to spend $50 in cases to break even.

sawah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2010
In my defense, 5 of the cases were one order of 5 different color TPU for 9.99. The other was a speck candyshell, lordy gawd expensive, and then a 9.99 Poetic Atmosphere.