How many cell phones do you carry and why?

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Maybe not just carry, but how many active cell phones do you call your own?

I have a Droid Eris through work, an iPhone 4 personal and a Droid X personal. I'm not really sure why I got the Droid X but it's kind of nice to have a little variety. It costs me about 40 a month on a family share plan so it's certainly not too expensive, though money that probably could be better saved.

Just curious who else in here has a little problem with cell phones.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
I'm interested to hear from the people who have multiple phones for personal use.
Yeah me too. I have 30 days to decide if my decision was just total overkill. It is nice having the best of both worlds, but it's also really not necessary.

I suppose at my girlfriends mothers house I would have 3G with the Verizon phone, only get Edge with AT&T. There are a few other spots, like my house, where AT&T is sub par.

RRmalvado

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2010
One... just the iPhone 4. I couldn't see myself carrying more than one cell phone at this point in time.

JustLeft

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
Three, in order of preference - iPhone4, Nexus One, Blackberry curve. The first two are personal the the Curve is for business.

FamiliaPhoto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
Blackberry Curve for work and iPhone for personal. Blackberry is great for email, but lacking otherwise. I'm so glad to have my iPhone.

MotleyGrrl

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
Chicago, IL
I just have one, I couldn't imagine carrying more than that for personal use.
My boyfriend has 4. A razr and some other motorola flip phone for personal use (he switches between them, who knows why), a blackberry for his main work phone and an iphone 3g for work too, although I have never seen him use it.

hcuar

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2004
Dallas
iPhone 4 for personal, Blackberry 8900 Curve for work.

My iPhone 4 laughs at my Blackberry.

KandyKane

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Australia
I have a iPhone 4 which has my personal number and a SonyEricsson Satio also personal on a '$0 monthly free to three' which I use to take photos and call three people. I'm still carrying my iPhone 3GS because my carrier stuffed up my port and I have some calls which go to my new sim card and some calls which go to my old sim card, with the same phone number, LAME!

miki66

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2008
IL
i was thinking about that but keeping another smartphone alive but not in use is too wasty