How many crashes a day?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by silvetti, Dec 2, 2014.

?

How many crashes a day ?

1. 0

84 vote(s)
    80.8%
  2. 1-4

17 vote(s)
    16.3%
  3. 5-10

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. <10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. silvetti, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2014

silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

How many app crashes a day you have with your iOS 8 device ?

By app crashes I mean when you add a location to an event in your Calendar and it crashes the native Calendar app or when a 3rd party app crashes without reason.

PS. please ignore the typo, <10 was supposed to be >10.
    Kids, that's what you get for making posts before you had your morning coffee...

2. dcpmark macrumors 6502a

I get an app crash 2-3 times a week, so I can't choose any of your choices.

3. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I don't think I've ever had one on my Retina iPad Mini or 5S.

4. machtv macrumors regular

i now have zero crashes ever since i stop using my iphone and put it away in my sock drawer. and i am not using my crash free note4:p

5. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

I put zero because I've had none on my iPhone 6, which iOS 8 was designed for.

----

On my struggling iPad 3, Safari crashes a lot. Not every day, but a lot, especially when you are working with reading list.

6. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I'm not having any crashes on my iPad Mini 1st gen or my 5S.

7. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Out of curiosity what is the difference between less than 10 (<10) an all the other choices?:eek:

8. bransoj macrumors 6502a

Odd issue here and there with the Facebook app but other than that not really had any crashing issues on my iPhone 5 or iPad 3.

9. DJLC macrumors 6502a

DJLC

10. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

So I have 0 crashes... <10 is also a valid option for me :p

11. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

I haven't had any app or iOS crashes on my devices.

12. borostef macrumors 6502

borostef

No crashes on my iPhone 5... Two or three crashes a month on my iPad 4 and iPad 2, mostly mail app...

13. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

1-2 a week on my IP6

my most common one is adding pictures into a text (more often with more then one)

its pretty annoying when you have a text typed up and you embed a picture into it and it crashes, then you have to retype out the message.

14. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

Define "Crash". :confused:

Device crash? Springboard crash? App crash? Does this include app or device lockups that require additional measures?

Device crash - 0/day
    Springboard crash - 1/week
    App crash - 1+ daily

This is between my iPhone 6+ and iPad Mini Retina 2

15. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

8.1 jailbroken and my 5s will have an app crash about once every 2 weeks or so.

16. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

The viggle app is ****. It crashes once a day :mad:

17. Woochifer macrumors 6502a

The number of crashes will also depend on the apps, and whether they've been updated for iOS 8. Immediately after updating to iOS 8, I had a group of apps that crashed frequently. But, all of them have been updated in the last couple of months and I haven't seen any crashes lately.

As someone pointed out, you also need to define "crash." An app suddenly closing by itself is a different issue than the phone randomly rebooting. And rebooting is different than a "respring." With the early versions of iOS 7, my 5s used to reboot and respring frequently. With iOS 8, I have had exactly zero reboots and resprings.

18. Armen, Dec 2, 2014

Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Every year around the time a new iPhone is released we get an influx of new users here on Macrumors. Based on your join date you are one of these people.

What I don't understand is your behavior. You bought an iPhone 6, joined these forums and then started being an Android fanboy ( I saw your other posts) with your Note 4 and now you're claiming your $650.00 iPhone 6 sits in your sock drawer? seriously?

Either you have money to burn or you just want to belittle Apple by saying the iphone 6 you no longer own (probably returned or sold) is so worthless it sits in a drawer. :rolleyes:

19. silvetti thread starter macrumors 6502a

silvetti

You got me there, I made a comment in the original post.

20. Pjrufus, Dec 2, 2014

Pjrufus macrumors 6502

Zero, 2 mo. old iPhone 6+ and several weeks old iPad Air2.

21. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Have not had a single app or springboard crash on my iPhone 6 since the day I got it. iPad 2 I have app crashes due to low memory with iOS 8 but thats it.

22. silvetti thread starter macrumors 6502a

silvetti

I can speak for myself with an iPhone 5.

I get sometimes random Settings app crashes when I'm for example going into iCloud settings (manage storage) and puff back to home screen.

Settings app for me is extremely buggy, on iCloud settings if I disable iCloud if I turn all options from Photos off the Photos line disappears, well, the line is still there but with nothing written inside. Just blank.

iOS 8 just seems very buggy compared to what iOS 5/6 was.
    Don't get me wrong, I prefer the iOS 7/8 look over the 5/6 but in terms of stability it's like comparing Snow Leopard and Yosemite.

23. Cloudsurfer macrumors 65816

Cloudsurfer

I'm experiencing a lot of crashes and bugs with the system, especially with Safari. Just today Safari has quit on me about 4 times and it's not even 10 am yet.

iOS 8 really is the worst iOS so far. It just feels like a rushed system. I have never had any problems like this with iOS before, not even with iOS 7 which was a pretty big overhaul.

Other bugs are the info bar on top displaying when it should be hidden (mostly in landscape), spotlight searches that don't show up, the infamous third party keyboard mess, the inability to swipe down (or up) the Notification Center and settings Center (or whatever it's called) in landscape mode. The list goes on.

Hopefully 8.2 will address many of these issues.

24. Ardmanz macrumors regular

I had a few on 8.0 now I basically have none (on 8.1.1) except for the message app freezing every now and again.

25. ChristianVirtual macrumors 601

ChristianVirtual

Calling "respring" a crash ? Several a day; mostly just music and Safari open. Music stops, Safari loose what I punched in ... iPad mini3. 8.1.1. A bit annoyed about it :(