iPhone XS Max How many Max iPhones have you seen in the wild?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by subjonas, Mar 16, 2019.

?

How many Max iPhones have you seen in the wild? Not counting yours or any that you bought obviously.

1. 0

44 vote(s)
    30.1%
  2. 1-5

48 vote(s)
    32.9%
  3. More than 5

52 vote(s)
    35.6%
  4. I don’t often notice people’s phones

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. subjonas, Mar 16, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019

subjonas macrumors 68020

iPhone Maxes? I just realized I still haven’t seen any in the wild. Just curious what other people’s experiences are.

Edit- I thought it was obvious people shouldn’t vote about seeing a particular phone if they don’t notice people’s phones in general, but apparently not, so I added that answer as on option as of 35-38-34.

2. tomi03 macrumors regular

tomi03

3. acorntoy macrumors 65816

Seems like the Max is the better seller actually because it actually was "new" for big screen hogs. Better question is how many normal XS's are out there.

4. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

Two in total I would say. Older iPhones still seem to be the most commonly used where I am.
    Seen quite a few XR’s, usually red and blue though.

5. Seanm87 macrumors 6502

None. Seen a few XR and XS but none of the max.

6. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

I’ve seen quite a few of the blue XR’s too. Seems to be a popular colour.

I’ve seen a fair few Xs/Xs max in gold. Difficult to tell the difference between the Xs and x if it’s silver or space grey. I see quite a lot of those but I can’t tell if it’s this years or last. Mostly on my commute into London but I do see them around the town centre.

AirPods are everywhere too now.

7. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

I don’t see any iPhone XS in the wild. Sydney, Australia. Maybe it is not that popular. I do see a couple iPhone X though.

8. Seanm87 macrumors 6502

How can you tell the difference?

9. Cladster Suspended

Lol

10. StellarVixen macrumors 68000

StellarVixen

Several. I wasn't really counting. But it was all in urban setting.

I haven't gone to wilderness to see how's the situation out there...

11. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The best gauge publicly where I have observed the Max, would be at the gym, where I attend five days a week, and surprisingly I do see quite a few “Max’s”. The gym is that one opportunity where you see quite a few members using their phones, because they’re changing their song or checking emails/texts in between their sets. In comparison, I still see quite a few ‘Plus’ model iPhones, but surprisingly the Max has become more widespread to me more recently.

12. Seanm87 macrumors 6502

What’s funny? They are physically identical.

EDIT - just to be clear I’m on about him seeing some XS and X about. Not the max.

13. ImAnAgent Suspended

ImAnAgent

Zero because I don't know anyone with an iPhone and because I don't usually pay attention to what phones people have.

14. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

Agreed unless it’s gold you want be able to tell the difference.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 16, 2019 ---
    I see a lot of phones on my commute to work. I take a train into London and then the tube.

15. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

None myself, which is surprising.

I think they’re in agreement with you.

But the gold trim should be the giveaway.

16. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

Yes but if someone has a silver or space grey XS you won’t be able to te the difference.

17. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

The X/XS style iPhones aren’t so popular in my region. I always look at what others are using just because I’m interested in tech and the coloured iPhones stand out. I’ve probably seen less than 50 X/XS style iPhones since they came out in 2017. London is going to be a lot different in that regard. It’s usually older iPhones and Samsung’s around here mostly. I just think it’s to do with priorities and fashion being different perhaps in different areas? People in my part of Wales seem to drive nice expensive cars but many of my friends in London channel that money into other lifestyle objects.

18. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

Yes I definitely see them more in London. I live in Essex and I do see them in my town centre but it’s maybe 1 or 2 each time I go into town but it London I see at least 5 everyday sometimes more. It did take a few months for them to start showing up in London though. In the first few months I think I only saw about 10 in total. It wasn’t until well after Christmas (2017) that I stared seeing them more frequently. Where I live the majority are older iPhones too.

19. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

From what I hear three year contracts seem to be gaining in popularity now too, so these phones are suddenly more affordable. I think we’ll see more flagship devices in hands than we have for the past few years, but of course this might reduce it again in a couple of years. The buzz for having the latest smartphone isn’t what it was in 2010-14 so I think that plays a major part in why we aren’t always seeing these new devices in abundance.

20. Freakonomics101 macrumors 68010

Freakonomics101

Surprisingly, none. Although none of my friends are aware of the signal issue.

21. ssledoux macrumors 68000

ssledoux

Honestly, none that I can think of. I’ve seen some XRs and X/XS, but I can’t think of a single Max.

22. Closingracer macrumors 68040

3 maybe ? I’ve seen more X(s) and XR between the the family of design l.

23. Closingracer macrumors 68040

According to what ? I live in NYC and rarely have I seen a max. If you only count the X,XS,XR, Max I have mostly seen the X,XS,XR.

24. subjonas thread starter macrumors 68020

Interesting to see the different responses. I knew they were out there, just wondering why I hadn’t seen any, when I usually notice phones. I agree, XS’s can be hard to identify, especially when people often have them in cases, but I figured the max should be easy to spot. Well, I’m sure I’ll see one eventually.

What do you think about his impression?