How many people are on your Macrumors 'Ignore' list?

• 0 - I don't have a problem with any particular user

Votes: 50 31.1%
  • 0 - I can tolerate the posts I dislike, and can't be bothered going the extent of ignoring them

Votes: 82 50.9%

Votes: 9 5.6%

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • 3-5

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • 6-10

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • 11-20

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 20+

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK

Just interested as to how many people cannot tolerate certain other member's posts... Or whether anybody even uses this feature.

Please, don't name anybody specifically.

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
I can imagine it would get pretty confusing seeing posts which are directed at somebody you've ignored... If you've ignored somebody and somebody quotes their message, I take it you see the quote?

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
none.
never have been.
i doubt there will ever be any.

but the more interesting question is:
How many people have you on their Macrumors 'Ignore' list?
(i don't know if there is a way to find out, though)

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
Why put someone on ignore if you are an active participant? You'd get incomplete streams of discussion. If you've gotten that annoyed you probably should take a break. I suspect many of the most controversial members are faker alt IDs anyway.

ethical

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
I can't see myself disagreeing with someone on every single issue, so blocking them out completely would be a bit over the top IMO.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Unlike some other forums, most people here comport themselves fairly well. I have had little need or occasion to put people on an ignore list.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
8 people. Of course, I don't know how many of them still frequent the site, so the list may archaic. But once they're on, I don't remove them.

SLC Flyfishing

Suspended
Nov 19, 2007
Portland, OR
Good call.
If you're not an atheist you'll get banned for no reason.
I was banned twice on one week - I'm proud of that.
I'm no atheist, I've never been banned.

But I don't go around flaunting my theism, maybe I'm just flying under the radar? I've seen people get ganged up on for expressing (and subsequently defending) their religious beleifs in the PRSI, and when things get ugly it's usually them that comes up on the wrong end of the decisions made by moderators.

Ahh well, c'est la vie.

SLC

pivo6

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2002
Minnesota
I can imagine it would get pretty confusing seeing posts which are directed at somebody you've ignored... If you've ignored somebody and somebody quotes their message, I take it you see the quote?
Yes, as been mentioned. In fact I'll purposely quote someone in a thread if I think that someone has them on ignore. I wouldn't want them to miss it. ;)