How many people are waiting for the June iphone?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by qtip919, Apr 28, 2008.

1. qtip919 macrumors 6502

Maybe there is already a thread on this, I dont care - all I care about is getting a 3g iphone with *hopefully* more storage, longer battery, GPS, etc etc

who's with me?! who's waiting on a phone purchase right now and hoping for that 3g announcement in June!!!

(oh yeah, plus I really need this as a corporate device and Exchange email is gonna be great)

2. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

I decided not to wait and bought one yesterday. I don't care much about 3G, there isn't a whole lot of 3G coverage around me or anywhere yet. I also don't believe there's going to be a new iPhone in June. Perhaps it might be announced, but I'm thinking it won't be out for several more months- like the Fall. Just going by my gut and a few other sources. I feel like they'll want to space introduction of the AppStore and 2.0 and a new iPhone out over the rest of the year instead of dropping it all at once. This makes more business-sense to me. But who knows when it comes to Apple. it might be released tomorrow!

3. Pookieinc macrumors member

I am! I've been waiting since last October... and I should have bought one back then, but I didn't because I thought they would be revamped in January with that update. Well that update is now in June, so that is when I am now waiting!

YAY!

It sucks because I'm going to Africa in July for a couple months, so I won't be able to use it much in the beginning... but oh well. Waiting has its low points, and I've come to realize I need to be aggressive with Apple products.

Or watch MacRumors less...

4. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Just buy one now! There is no guarantee of an update in June!

5. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

I have this disease called "Get the latest gadget-irus" so I am definitely waiting for the latest 3G Version regardless of the price. I already sold my 16G so now just waiting patiently... Curve will hold me over til then.

6. jfox00 macrumors member

I'm waiting

I've been waiting since Apple released the first iphone! Lack of 3G or EVDO type speed was a deal breaker for me. I regularly use my Motorola Q (Verizon) as a wireless modem and surf the web, and I need high speed data. I don't want to be tethered to wifi for demanding web needs. I can not wait to get this 3G iphone. GPS? A bonus. Wifi? Fine. >2.0 MP camera? Great. 3G speeds? A MUST!!

And there pretty much IS a guarantee that Apple is releasing a new iphone in June. If you read any of the gossip on here, engadget, and elsewhere, I think you'll find pretty concrete evidence a new iphone is right around the corner.

7. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Oh yeah, nothing more concrete than a bunch of posts and gossip on a forum! Especially one called MacRUMORS!

The only concrete proof I've seen is from Walt Mossberg who is reliable, but, honestly, 3G isn't the holy grail. Especially if you don't live in a MAJOR metropolitan area.

8. mark34 macrumors 6502a

I too am waiting. I, uncharacteristically, managed to wait and not buy generation 1 since I feel that such a nice browser requires decent bandwidth. I will order one the very first nano second possible.

Other goodies like GPS or OLED or something would be nice, but if it is just 3G I am all over it.

My second most important hope is for decent battery life. My Blackjack (3G device) is a miserable battery hog and i will certainly use the iphone a lot more. I cannot make it through one day without switching to 2nd battery.

9. Sonoran macrumors member

I would be in line the day it was released except that I am being held hostage by Sprint for several more months. My early exit from Sprint would cost me $300 (2 phones).

But I will be joining fun later this year.

10. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I'm waiting...I have the EGDE iPhone, but assume the 3G model is a "good'' upgrade(some more GBs, longer battery life(thats big for me), 3G(duh), GPS(nice, but not needed)..I'll be buying it on launch day

11. seenett macrumors regular

I will be getting my first iphone the day the new ones are released - assuming it has at least any two of these features:

• 3G
    • searchable contacts
    • 32gb
    • Slingplayer app available
    • icontrol (rumor from Sunday - that would be too SWEET)

12. laxmax613 macrumors member

although a 3G iPhone would be great, i'm thinking of getting a current-gen one when the new one comes out for a drastically lower price.

13. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

I think we will have to wait longer than June.

The phone might appear at Macworld, but here in the UK a friend of mine in O2 Management is looking at September.

A shop manager yesterday talked about a 32gb iPhone being available in the interim.

14. Justinerator macrumors 6502

Justinerator

I too am waiting for the new iphone before I make the plunge.

Gonna add another feature I would like:

[*]GPS (A-GPS Preferred)
    [*]Haptic Touch is always nice to have, although it barely serves a purpose..

15. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I've been waiting for a 3G phone since the original release day. If I can get 32GB and 3G I'll be a happy camper. GPS would just be icing. Tasty, tasty icing.

16. qtip919 thread starter macrumors 6502

I cant believe people are thinking this 3G iphone rumor doesnt have teeth to it - Mossberg made a major slip up, and it was so obvious. What makes this so obvious is the roll out of the SDK, this is going to drive mobile internet usage WAY up - still, I probably could live with 2.5g if the 3g phone doesnt come

Also, Im pretty much against GPS for a larger device - Just give me more battery!!!

17. Hockey man macrumors newbie

Hockey man

I am...

waiting. I really want 3g, gps, and all the other features people are hoping and praying for. Hopefully a camera with more zoom and megapixels, with the capability to do video. :apple:

18. specops macrumors regular

19. patcase86 macrumors newbie

I am waiting for that big announcement in June, maybe earlier (crossing fingers). My Verizon contract is up for renewal now through June/July and I need to switch.

3G would be really nice for me because I'll be moving to NYC in the next year or so. Cruzing the forums at broadband speeds in the city would be a treat :D.

I'll be in line to get one on iDay2

20. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

21. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

im waiting... for a 32GB iphone with GPS, maybe camera will increase to 3MP....

22. spydr macrumors 6502

spydr

Me too.

I have been putting up with a crappy phone for a few months... can't wait for June end!

23. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Cant wait for nice 3G speeds with the new model and hopefully 64gig :D

24. OzExige macrumors 6502

OzExige

25. Shurran macrumors member

I'm waiting until June, but only because thats when the enterprise features come out. I find being in constant sync with my work directory, email and calendar just too damn useful to get rid of my WM machine yet.

However, Windows Mobile is the worst phone OS I have ever used, so will be trading up to an iPhone the day that OS 2.0 is released!