How many people have actully seen the new iPhone??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikejfrd, Oct 3, 2011.

1. mikejfrd macrumors regular

With it only being a day away from the big announcement, how many people at this point do you think have either seen the new iPhone or have real details of it? It takes more than just the top executives to pull off a release. Someone has to design the slides and put all the details together that they show on stage.

Immediately after the conference the apple website is usually updated with pictures and info with details of the new phone. There is usually a video released shortly after detailing all the new features, and all kinds of advertisements, etc... So theoretically there has to be more than just Tim and Steve and a few engineers that know what this thing will look like.

2. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

3. drpellypo macrumors 6502

Lol @Stephen Fry.

Lots of people have. But they've signed NDA's so powerful that their job would be lost and they'd be in court at the drop of a hat. Apple aren't what you would call nicey nicey when it comes to enforcing NDA's.

4. mikejfrd thread starter macrumors regular

They must have some sort of iPhone team that can handle the whole release and are sworn to secrecy.

5. Nachoconqueso macrumors regular

Anyone who knows about this phone has a job to lose or a contract to breach. All very bad news with a well paying, litigious Apple.

6. applefan289 macrumors 68000

It's one of those things where if they told you, they would have to kill you.

7. mikejfrd thread starter macrumors regular

Who ever knows at this point must get a kick out of reading all these threads and posts.

8. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

It depends on how many people there are actually in the Illuminati. Take that number and add 1.

9. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

It's probably a pretty small number. I'm sure Apple has a task force of lawyers and security, etc- just to handle new product launches.

10. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Keep telling yourself that, I'd imagine they have more important things to do. Beyond that, it's more likely than not that the dev teams are isolated from each other; Ives' crew is handling the design, so it's not really unbelievable that only a few employees have seen the finished product.

11. mikejfrd thread starter macrumors regular

It's not a concentration camp, I'm sure they all have plenty of time to browse the web and chuckle at us. It's ok, it'll be alright...

12. wtmk81 macrumors member

I sure do. LOL.

13. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

Believe it or not, macrumors does not make up the majority of iphone owners, not even a small percentage. And when it becomes your job, its not as exciting as when you're the consumer waiting for a new product unveil. So I highly doubt anyone at the top of the Apple echelon visit bulletin boards.

14. mikejfrd thread starter macrumors regular

True, but some of these rumors have made their way out to most of the major news groups. I'm sure they're aware of what the latest news/rumors are. I do agree though that they're most likely not on MR or 9to5.

15. bigjobby macrumors 65816

16. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Best way to keep secrets is offer six-figure salaries. Apple engineers and PR aren't gonna have any reason to leak info.

17. Polekat macrumors regular

Polekat

18. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

The person who made off with the phone at the tequila bar, if you want a non-Apple employee.:D

19. wacky4alanis macrumors 6502

I would assume tons of people at the factory where they are assembled have seen it.

20. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

Tons of people but they use that Men In Black memory flash eraser so they forget what they saw after they worked on it.

[​IMG]

21. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

I know where one is. The person that has it is a carrier employee on the trusted list. One of a very few allowed to posses it continuously for testing. He has not violated his NDA unfortunately :) Doesn't mean I won't keep prying :D

22. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek