How many people vote "Negative" on Macrumors stories?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by christophermdia, Feb 3, 2011.

1. christophermdia macrumors 6502a

christophermdia

Just wondering how many people vote negative when something positive comes out reported on macrumors? what makes everyone happy? whats your perfect ipad, iphone, macbook, macbook pro, etc? if you dont like the way apple does things, then there is always HP, save money and buy a $400 Win7 comp!

2. deeesea macrumors 6502

So essentially, what you're saying is that because this is MACrumours, it's inappropriate for any of us to not like any rumours of the direction Apple is heading towards, and if we didn't like this direction that the rumours indicate, we should immediately dip from this site and buy something else?

That seems awfully unfair dunnit?

3. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

I voted this thread a 1-star. I also negative vote on stories that suck. :cool:

My perfect iPad is one that costs $200 considering it's nothing more than a toy to me.

4. torbjoern, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011

torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

It would be interesting to know how many of those who vote negative when a new iPhone comes out, actually mean it or are just trolling. I'm convinced that if :apple: suddenly specced all their Macs higher than any other computer (Asus/HP/etc) in the same price range, there would be many negative votes. So where would those votes come from?

Anyway, there might be several groups of people who oppose the release of e.g. the Verizon iPhone:

- AT&T share-holders, directors and employees.
    - Existing smartphone-users (NOT iPhone) on Verizon who are worried about network capacity.
    - Existing iPhone-users who still have 18 months left of their 2-year-contract with AT&T.

5. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

How many people vote negative when positive news comes out?

Well, I imagine the people who don't think the news is positive would be in that group.

6. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

HP makes by far the worst and least durable computers in the entire laptop industry; many statistics show this. (On the other hand, Samsung/Toshiba/Asus/Levano are making some of the most durable and cost efficient systems). Apple makes durable systems but due to costs, they have limitations that other laptops do not have.

7. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

There is no set standard on how the ratings work and how they are to be utilized.

Some people vote on the Story and its relation to Macrumors i.e. voting whether or not the story is really 'news' or really belongs.

Others vote on the content of the story and whether or not they disagree with its premise or what actually is going on.

I.E. the situation we had a few months ago when an Apple executive passed away. Some people voted "positive" because it was posted on Macrumors, some voted "negative" because they were saddened by the death. Each side was like "WHY ARE YOU VOTING POSITIVE/NEGATIVE THIS ISN'T GOOD/BAD NEWS!"

8. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

If everyone doesn't share my opinion and think exactly the same as I do, then they're stupid and wrong. My vote should be the only one that counts.

9. SidBala macrumors 6502a

Positive and negative are relative terms.

I will vote negative on whatever I want. Don't question my right to do that.

10. UTclassof89 macrumors 6502

UTclassof89

Yup; the vote is a silly feature that I think most of us don't use, or pay attention to.

11. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

I don't even read the stories on MacRumors...