How many per person (uk)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nipz, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I am planning on waiting over night as many will but wondered what the limited per person will be? Apple said they don't no yet - what is it in the US?

I would like 4! Mum dad brother and me!

2. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

If they're in limited supply it makes sense to limit them to two per person.

Although when I queued for the original iPad, there was a group of people that suddenly appeared in line to meet their "friends" ahead of me and they all had a couple each. I suspect they were destined for China!

So maybe it makes sense to limit it to one per person... hope not though because I want two!

3. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

If it's restricted to 2 per person just take your Mum or Dad or brother with you. :)

4. Nipz thread starter macrumors 65816

Nipz

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Lol I am not sure they can be bothered to drive the hour to the store and then wait all night :)

5. bigmikeyp macrumors regular

bigmikeyp

In the US the limit was 2 per person, as it has been with most launches that I can remember in recent time.

I see no reason why that would change this time around

6. Nipz thread starter macrumors 65816

Nipz

Looks like they will have to get out of bed then :)

7. bigmikeyp macrumors regular

bigmikeyp

Certainly will do if that's the case! Tell them its all part of the experience etc etc. Not sure about your nearest store but mine has a Starbucks directly opposite which the staff always go to and bring us over coffee/hot chocolate etc :)

8. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

So Apple haven't pushed back the UK release date yet?

9. bigmikeyp macrumors regular

bigmikeyp

Not yet... *crosses fingers they won't*

10. Nipz thread starter macrumors 65816

Nipz

I really hope not! Got the day booked off work now!

Mine is Exeter, a couple of coffee shops but haven't waited over night there before so nit sure if I will get hot drinks :)

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a limit of 2 per person.

12. GarryBacon macrumors regular

I am coming from paignton to Exeter to get mine. What time do you plan on getting there nipz? Exeter is never busy that much unlike London haha!

13. rcp27 macrumors regular

The online stores for the 25 March countries are all giving the date as 25th, which a week ago they weren't, so it seems likely that the date will be kept.

14. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

With less then a week to go, I hope they don't do a nasty and push the date back last minute.

Anyway, I think 1-2 per person would be the limit. Then again, if supplies are so scarce that online pre-orders might not be taken, maybe it'll just be 1 per person.

15. Nipz thread starter macrumors 65816

Nipz

Get there for 3/4 :) you?

16. Super Sneb macrumors newbie

Super Sneb

I'm really hoping its 1 per person, that way most people in the lines will be able to get one/

17. Nipz thread starter macrumors 65816

Nipz

-----1 to that! If it means that much to get one then get there early!

18. Super Sneb macrumors newbie

Super Sneb

I'm planning on getting to the store at pre 6am if its a 9am launch and arround 9-10am if its a 5pm launch so getting there early isnt a problem.

It's because of all the issues in the US, people buying 2 in the queues, 1 for themselves and 1 to sell, or people just buying them for the intention of selling them straight away. If there only 1 per person, then this will put off most of these!

Turn it around, what would you do if you was 100th in the queue and the store only had 200 then everyone in front of you purchased 2!

19. Nipz thread starter macrumors 65816

Nipz

I wouldn't get there late...

20. mikechan1234 macrumors 6502

If it means that much to your family, they can come queue up too :p

21. Nipz thread starter macrumors 65816

Nipz

Nah think they will just wait a bit :) got iPad 1s so they arent to bother, just be nice if i could of got them there and then for them.

22. GarryBacon macrumors regular

I'm coming there at 3-4 also. Earlier if I wake which I'm sure I will. Where abouts have you got to come from? I'll probably be the only 17 year old there that early, I will be annoyed if people get there earlier and I'm not in the first 30. Have you ever been there for a launch before?

23. Nipz thread starter macrumors 65816

Nipz

Im coming from Plymouth with a very tall mate! lol i am gonna see how it goes. might get there earlier.

I was in Plymouth at the 02 shop for the iPhone 4 launch and was 4th or so inline and got there for 4 o clock. By opening time there was over 200!!!

You?

24. GarryBacon macrumors regular

Well I'm coming from paignton but I have only been to a store opening. Haha :/ and I'm thinking earlier will be better. Might have to get there for 3. I wasn't planning to leave until 3 but to be fair the traffic at that time in the morning is dead so it will be fine. But if I can get earlier I will but I dont finish work until 9 the night before. So decisions?

25. mmoosa macrumors 6502

mmoosa

So you two would also prefer a morning launch? Afternoon will just be torture.