How many plan on selling with the 3G iPhone Release?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fivepoint, Apr 17, 2008.

1. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

With an update to the iPhone being iminent, I am wondering if you are planning on selling your 2.5G iPhone in order to pick up the rumored 3G one.

• If so, when? When do you think the new ones are coming out, and how much earlier are you going to sell it?
    • Where are you going to try and sell it? Ebay? Craigslist?
    • How much are you going to try and sell it for? $300? $350? $400? $500?!?

Also, for those of us who are unsure... due to the iPhone's unique setup process, what is needed to sell it? Do you keep your SIM card or does it go with the phone? This may be a dumb question, but I've never sold a phone before and I figured the 'iTunes setup' thing might change a few things from a normal cell phone anyway.

2. fivepoint thread starter macrumors 65816

fivepoint

3. ankushpatel macrumors regular

im not selling it

although 3g will probably come out, the costs of at&t plans will probably go up, and im guessing apple will still keep the 2.5. Although 2.5 is not as fast, it still does the job i need, email.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. wheezy macrumors 65816

wheezy

Why would the monthly price go up? The plan already offers unlimited, speed has nothing to do with it. Unlimited is unlimited.

I plan to sell mine for the 3G phone, I hope $300 would be a good price to sell it for, I've only had it since Christmas and I've taken good care of it. I also plan to get at least the 16GB one, 32GB if they release that.

Other than the obvious updates of a better screen, better battery life, 3G... I also think Apple has something secret and industry new up their sleeves with it... they don't like to release products with just expected updates, they do try to throw in something new and cool and unexpected. Sometimes?

6. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I never sell my old electronics. I'm too lazy to bother.

7. StoneGaijin macrumors regular

Reasons:
    I've played with 3G (Nokia 6555)
    I see very little in the terms of speed increase (EDGE and 3G still both feel like Dial-Up to me)
    I am on WiFi 99% of the time
    Conclusion: I will not be purchasing a 3G iPhone. Therefore I will not be selling my current iPhone.

8. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

i sold mine for £230 last week, not bad since the price got slashed to 169 just yesterday

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'll keep my iPhone. I just got in January, and don't really see the need to upgrade so soon.

10. sananda macrumors 68020

i sold mine for £220 on monday. i don't have a nice phone anymore :( i'm not sure i can wait for june. i might have to buy another on now.

11. fivepoint thread starter macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Anyone know about this question?

12. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

i was tempted too aswell u know - i have afree handset at work right now but im gonna be leaving and going to work for another mobile network company so im gona have no phone since i sold my n95 and my iphone how stoopid of me! :mad:

13. fivepoint thread starter macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Does anyone know if there is anything unique about selling the iPhone compared to another cell phone? Does the SIM card stay with it? do you keep it?

Thanks for the help!

14. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

you would keep the sim and let the phone go cos your only paying for the service not the phone anymore. pop your simcard into another phone.

15. fivepoint thread starter macrumors 65816

fivepoint

And if you get a new iPhone, you just put your OLD sim card in the NEW phone, and throw the one away that came with it? Will the phone automatically authorize then? You know... because you have to use iTunes and everything.

16. CKohkah macrumors 6502

my original iphone will be going to my wife when I get the 3g phone. She still has an old Motorola Razr, so it'll be a nice update for her.

17. AdamWhite macrumors newbie

How many plan on selling with the 3G iPhone Release?

So random question. How many people are considernig selling their iPhone when the new 3G version comes out?

In my mind, it probably depends on what additional features come out. These are some of the rumors flying around:

1. OLED (Organic Light Emittning Diode) Display
    2. Camera in the front as well (possibly embedded in the display)?
    3. Thinner display with less battery consumption
    4. Slightly different form factor
    5. Black case
    6. 802.11n wireless (in addition to 802.11b/g)
    7. Bigger battery
    8. 32GB
    9. Voice Dialing
    10. Unlocked Australian Version
    11. Integrated GPS

http://3GiPhoneInfo.com

18. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

19. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No, I do not plan on selling mine when the 3G comes out.

20. pazreal macrumors regular

21. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

So true, why do so many people keep quoting you. Each person has their own reason for making their post. Respect the post and contribute.

22. Flyingstar macrumors newbie

Selling?

If you are thinking of upgrading to iPhone V2 you better sell your current phone NOW! cause when the next version comes out you phone will be worth SQUAT!

23. carve macrumors 6502a

carve

nah, 3G isn't worth the upgrade. my parents got it for me so it is going to last me until it stops working. I love it! If the new one is plastic I wont buy that because I like the silver and black. macluver

24. Flyingstar macrumors newbie

Plastic?

Where did you get THAT information? Besides the current phone is plastic as well...??