How many switched over from android?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by isaki87, Sep 12, 2014.

1. isaki87 macrumors regular

With the larger screen and phone sizes, how many of you guys switched over or are planning on switching from android phones to get the 6/6+?

2. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

3. nosmo.king44 macrumors newbie

I switched to android about 5 months ago as I began to hate the small iphone screen. However, 6 plus now ordered.

4. Gxray macrumors member

Always been interested in what android was doing, so I switched last year from an iPhone 4s to a sexy HTC One. While it does what I want adequately enough, I just don't find myself enjoying it as much as I did my iPhone, so now I've got my iPhone 6+ preordered and I'm ready to come back to the apple family.

5. Qu3st macrumors member

have the lg g3 right now. coming over to the 5.5 6 iphone plus. only thing that kept me from the iphone was the screen size.

Even with 3 gb of ram i get slow downs and OS is not as smooth as i would like.

6. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I tried Android for 2 years (2012 until now). Stock Android and ROMs are alright, but all the carrier and manufacturer bloatware just make it less fun to use, and they've locked down rooting on new Samsung devices (you blow an irreversible e-Fuse).

Back to iPhone in 2014 next Friday, and happy to do it. I moved to Android in 2012 for a larger screen, better keyboard, and tinkering. Now that Apple has a larger screen and better keyboard, it's time to go back to what works best for me.

7. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Me. I've owned a long string of Android phones. Something like 8 or so. I always said I would go back to iOS as my primary OS if they bring a larger screen. It's finally happened.

Have to sell my GS4 and GN3 in the next week...

8. Hot Tuna macrumors newbie

I did with the iP6. I've owned too many android phones that have just gone to piss after a year of owning them. Time to see (1st hand) how apple holds up.

9. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

I'm switching from a Galaxy S5 to a 6 Plus.

10. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

My boyfriend has always used Android. This will be his first iPhone. He's ecstatic. He didn't mind Android, but he always complained about the battery life. He likes how all the Apple products work well together, like iCal, iTunes, and Mail. He was also happy to hear they announced a bigger screen. Those things along with being able to actually use his phone all day without charging it sold him.

11. LostMyiPhone macrumors 6502

He's probably elated to have a girlfriend to do all of his forum postings as well. Tell us more! :p

12. lympero macrumors 6502a

lympero

Not me...I was an iPhone fanatic till iPhone 5. Those 4 inch = perfect size ads drove me nuts and decided to try Android. Maybe I'll try iPhone 7s which will eventually have smaller bezels and 2gb of ram!

13. JSalig macrumors 6502

I have the Note 3 and may switch over next year if the bezel on the 6+ is decreased. Right now I'd rather not lose actual screen size yet gain a larger phone footprint. As far as Android goes, I've had no problems so I don't mind waiting and seeing what Apple and Samsung do with the iPhone (6S+?) and the Note 5.

14. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

I left iPhone for Android 2 years ago after being tired of the tiny screen.

I haven't been thrilled with Android. I don't like the lack of continuity throughout the ecosystem and apps and I just haven't been that impressed.

Happy to go back to iPhone and get my iPad and MBA all back on the same page :apple:

15. timerollson macrumors 65816

Switching from htc one to iPhone 6. Can't wait. I miss all of my devices bring seamlessly integrated.

16. mguti macrumors member

I had the note 3 for about 3 months. Loved the size of the phone, I just had a hard time adjusting to android so I sold it bought the 5s. I pre ordered the 6+ this morning

17. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

Me! I couldn't wait! Switching from my galaxy s4 to the iPhone 6+!

18. Roadrash3 macrumors newbie

I am switching back. I had the very first original iPhone since it launched, then the 3 series, 4 series and just had sold my 5s, for a galaxy S5 active. Well it sucks. I loved the bigger screen, that is it. The phone is loaded with bullcrap samsung stuff, bullcrap att apps, none of which i can delete. the phone size is nice and what a wanted, but i am not impressed with anything else. Needless to say, i bought the iPhone plus and can't wait, I love the apple eco system ten fold over android

----------

Hard part is i have the samsung watch now and love it, as i ride a motorcycle all day and i am used to texting, emailing, answering and making quick calls etc from my watch. Wish the watch was coming out, especially with the big phone. soon enough

19. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

I am one of those guys that got tired of looking at the tiny iPhone screen and moved over to a Samsung Galaxy s5 which does everything the iPhone does but just looks different. I will probably switch back to the iPhone because of the camera apps available. The one thing that I do the most with my phone is take photographs and process them the other things I do, are text and web browsing and that is about it. I am not a gamer and don't play games but I do like the way the iPhone 6+ looks and I did not preorder, but will pick one up in the store within a month or so. the reason I did not preorder is because I got the s5 on the AT&T next program. So if I can't trade in and pay an early upgrade fee, I will just buy the iPhone 6+ outright and get the 128 gig model.

20. RansZ28 macrumors regular

RansZ28

Been an android fan for 10+ years, now I'm moving to the 6 plus. Pretty excited this week but with the craziness of ordering challenges, my excitement is wearing down.

21. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Moved to Android when the 5 was released (had every iPhone up to then). The 6 doesn't offer enough to tempt me back

22. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

I'm more or less platform agnostic as I've pretty much always had at least 1 android device and 1 ios device. I recently sold my iPad mini Retina for an nvidia shield tablet and I'm swapping my Moto X for an iPhone 6.

23. CEmajr macrumors 601

10+ years?

24. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Switched over? No. Added to my collection of Android and Windows phones, yes.

You don't have to convert to enjoy Apple products.

25. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

I bounce back between Android and iOS fairly frequently. In the last year, I've owned an iPhone 5S, Nexus 5, One M8, OnePlus One, and now the iPhone 6+. The iPhone will become my daily driver, but I'm keeping my Nexus 5 around for the Android L update so I can play around with that. I will probably be adding an Apple Watch early next year. And then when I get bored with them all, I'll probably go back to Android again. Just how I roll...