Other How Many Times Have you Dropped your Current Phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PrettyWings, May 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. PrettyWings macrumors regular

Got the XS max around 2 months ago. Did good for the first 3 weeks. Had an Otterbox and a tempered glass screen protector. Set it on the counter one day and plugged it in to charge for a while. Took out the plug and thought I unplugged the charger. Apparently I didn't, because I heard a drop. Just like that, 4-foot drop, facedown. Luckily was working fine. Two weeks later, set it on what I thought was a flat surface. Turned around, another drop, two feet; this time, with no case on it. Still no issues.

So, how are you faring?

2. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

None, that I can recall. Which is good, because I only ever use very minimal cases and no screen protector.

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Several. No screen protector and just an Apple silicone case. Everything's great!

4. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

Once in almost a year and a half. Apple leather case took the waist high drop like a champ.

5. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

Way more than once but much less than 50 times

6. AppleHaterLover macrumors 68000

Billions of times.

I have a $3 TPU case on with reinforced corners that makes it like 1000x times harder to break the phone, since in case of an impact, it bends instead of the phone

7. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

Have never dropped any of my phones
    And I don't use a case or screen protector either
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8. nordique macrumors 65816

None so far from my XR. I use it naked

My X was dropped once but that leather case saved it. Wasn’t a bad drop. There was one time I pulled it out awkwardly and it almost fell. I keep it in a leather case but sometimes go naked.

Have dropped all of my older iPhones though. From 4 to 7. My first drop on concrete scared the daylights out of me

9. iapplelove macrumors 601

iapplelove

I’ve dropped my iPhone X a few times with no issues... I never use cases nor screen protectors as I hate both of them.

10. bodonnell202 macrumors 65816

bodonnell202

I dunno, probably just shy of a dozen times. I use an Apple leather case and have never had any damage or issues.

11. Lyrca macrumors regular

Lyrca

Just once, it was enough to crack the screen protector but left my XS intact.

12. eoblaed macrumors 68020

eoblaed

Literally zero.

Which, btw, is the same count as the number of times I've dropped any iPhone since 2007.

I'm willing to bet the very act of having your phone in a case relaxes your attention on the phone enough to encourage the occasional drop, whereas people that don't use cases at all are less likely to drop simply because, well, they don't have a case. :)

13. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

Probably a couple of dozen times in 6 months maybe?

14. Lee_Bo macrumors regular

Lee_Bo

Iphone 7 Plus since launch and it seems to be attracted to the floor. Several different cases and tempered glass screen protectors and no damage.

15. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

At least 10 times in 3.5 years, not including the times when sitting at a table or desk and I dropped it from less than 6 inches up.

One drop from a foot high on to concrete. Phone still looks new. Never been in a case.

16. eoblaed macrumors 68020

eoblaed

Hey. You changed your avatar. Good one.

17. wproct macrumors 6502

wproct

I have used a Magpul bump case on my last two Iphones, no screen shield. My current phone has only been dropped once in two years at about 3 feet, no damage. My prior phone was dropped from my shirt pocket onto cement teepad while playing disc golf, and again, no damage. I have been lucky.

18. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

When I had an iPhone 6 Plus, twice a week. Switched to 4.7" and those, I've only dropped around 3-4 times a year (when I wear something with shallow pockets).

19. EM2013 macrumors 68000

EM2013

Couple of times. Only fell on carpet though. Have a JETech clear case.

20. StarShot macrumors 6502a

StarShot

For those few who are "anal" about their phones, (ie, never put them in a pocket that also has keys, coins or any other material that might scratch them), they're also probably not going to drop their phones. Me, so far not of anything hard (concrete, hard wood floors, etc), never. I have dropped my phone(s) on carpet and like materials).

21. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

22. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

Relentless!

:D

23. PrettyWings thread starter macrumors regular

I know it’s a technicality, but it’s never fallen out of my hand. That being said, I have this phone right now because my X somehow slid out of my pocket and landed on asphalt.