How many times have you dropped your Iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by danedane5, Jun 18, 2008.

1. danedane5 macrumors member

danedane5

Is the back messed up? screen scratched? or were you smart UNLIKE me to get a case for your expensive investment haha.

2. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

I've got a great case, but have never dropped it.

3. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

At least twice a day indoors and I've had it for almost a year now. I dropped it once on a cement sidewalk, too. It's got a little ding on the side and nothing on the screen...some light scratches on the back casing. This thing is a tank.

4. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

Mine's been naked for almost a year now, and I dropped it for the first time a week ago, when I was getting out of my car. It just slipped out of my hand and landed on it's back on the pavement. :mad:

I ended up with a very small "pit" in the aluminum back, but the black plastic that covers the antenna is scratched up now.

It bums me out, but I am going to give it to my Wife on July 11th, so she was more bummed about it than me. LOL

5. superfula macrumors 6502

I bought mine a couple months after release and I JUST dropped it for the first time the other day. Fortunately there's no damage. No case has ever been on the phone. Back and front are scratch-free from what I can see. The shiny silver plastic around the screen is scratched up though.

6. angel1286 macrumors member

I've had mine since December and dropped it once when I was getting out of my car and once while drunk at a restaurant:rolleyes:

7. newyorksole macrumors 68020

I didn't drop it until about 4 months after launch day. Well actually, this girl dropped it on the concrete, that sucked sooo much. Then when school started my friend dropped it from about 3 feet in the air onto the tile. I didn't get a case until the winter, definitely should have gotten it sooner.

When I buy the iPhone 3G, I WILL be getting a case and a warranty.

8. D3lta macrumors 6502a

I had my iPhone for about 3 months, and it was never dropped. I didn't have a case for it either. I'm a careful guy.:)

9. b1gted macrumors regular

b1gted

Had it since day one and never dropped it! And won't drop it either. :D

10. iPhonedHome macrumors 6502

I've dropped mine once as it slipped at of my hands while I was sitting in my garage. The second time it kissed the concrete was in a parking lot and it slid out of my shirt pocket when I leaned back into the car. :mad:

First time wasn't a scratch to be seen. Second time caused a few scratches on the edge of the black cover and a small scratch on the corner by the camera. All in all almost not recognizable unless you are looking for it.

No biggy. Shows character! :cool:

11. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Twice dropped. Both from about shoulder height, landing on my foot then bouncing onto the carpet. Had InvisibleShield applied to my iPhone and the grip is much better. No dings, dents or scratches whatsoever. :eek:

12. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

I've had it since January, always naked, and have dropped it regularly -- about once a week. I honestly don't know how it keeps happening -- I am sooooooo careful with it. But the drops just don't stop.

There are a couple of noticeable scuffs here and there, but only if you look at it up close and examine it. Otherwise....it doesn't look that bad for being dropped about 20 times!

13. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

I think it makes a big difference what you drop it on. Concrete seems to be the worst. Both my iPod and iPhone have kissed the concrete, and come away with minor but noticeable cosmetic damage.

14. chimpboy74 macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

On the day I got my phone I got a case for it and then decided that the phone was way too good looking to be shoved in a case. on my way out about an hour after getting it all set up (and leaving the new case at home unpacked) I droppped the phone onto tarmac. It now has an unsightly dent on both top corners (it bounced!!). Back didnt scratch.

I have used the case ever since then and apart from the two dents it is like new. I'm so peed off I didnt just use the case......

15. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

16. alphajerk macrumors member

Twice, out of my shirt pocket and onto the cement. There is a bit of a ding on the top left corner, but it works just fine. I don't carry it in my shirt pocket anymore.

17. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

i have dropped mine twice. I have the BSE case on it and it has protected it from scratches very well.

18. earnjam macrumors 6502a

earnjam

I refuse to put it in a case. I just don't like any of them.

I've only dropped mine one time. From waist high onto gravel. Trying to slide it into my pocket while drunk and missed. Small ding on the back, but it doesn't bother me. The screen is the important part. As long as it works fine, I've got no qualms.

19. KapitanIksrog macrumors regular

I've had 2 signficant drops both which caused damage.

The first was in a parking lot getting out of my car. I have it in a Sena pouch for protection and I somehow picked it up upside down and the phone fell and bounced. Result, small nicks on one corner.

The second was... get ready for this... in the Apple Store in Burlington, MA while "trying on" a protective case. It was a busy Saturday and I got my fair share of "oooooh's" and snickers. The store has a wooden floor so it just bounced twice. Result, small dent in corner near the camera.

I agree with the tank comment though. I've had this think for over a year and it is still in great condition.

20. friarbayliff macrumors regular

I've dropped or fumbled mine twice. It didn't damage the phone at all because I'm paranoid and invested in one of those massive armored shell type cases. :)

21. cjandnw macrumors 6502

I've had a rubber case on it from day 1. A screen protector from about December. I dropped it once from 3-4 feet onto a tile floor. No damage.

If I didn't have the rubber case I would have destroyed it by now. It is too slippery when naked for me to securely handle. :p

GET A CASE!

22. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Dropped it a couple of times from like three feet. No damage whatsoever.

Then the last time I dropped it, it was from like six inches and now I have two dents on the corners =(.

23. Mason1 macrumors member

I dont have the first iphone but when I get the 3g iphone I will be getting a case for it that day....

I have dropped my 30gb iPod Video in a small puddle in the street before and it still works like new :D

24. macsensei macrumors member

macsensei

somewhere between 1,000 and 1,250 times..lol! but since i have the speck case it does not have a single mark on it. I think i drop it so much because I know nothing will happen to it. But im not going to put a case on my 3G(cross fingers)!!

25. The Doctor macrumors member

The Doctor

i have dropped mine 3 times, all on carpet... it has suffered no damage... mine is also in a case, so it has some protection.