How many times have you dropped your iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by angemon89, Sep 30, 2008.

1. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

I've dropped my 3G iPhone once, right on black asphault, and it left a really nasty scratch on the chrome on the top part of my iPhone. I almost cried. :p

I'm one of those people that refuse to put a case on my iPhone because it takes away from the phones aesthetic appearance, so I guess I should be a lot more careful.

How many times have you dropped yours and was there any visible damage?

2. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

1,373,934 times

that is how many times a stupid thread like this has been made. no one cares that you dropped your phone. sorry for you, but no one cares. go to the other gajillion threads and get sympathy there.:mad:

3. sdd4 macrumors member

4. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

5. DMC-12 macrumors 6502

DMC-12

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Same here.

7. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Me too. Except when I dropped it on my face while watching a movie in bed. LOL!

8. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

i droped mine on my head.. while on msn last night :p

9. hexonxonx macrumors 601

10. rjohnstone macrumors 68030

rjohnstone

Does skipping it half way across the living room every time it freezes up on me count as "dropping"?
    If so, about 200 or 300 times since 2.0 was released.

11. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

Just once, but it having a screen protector on is what really saved it. I was running, it fell out of my shirt pocket, and it slid face-first across the concrete. I picked it up and there was a little ding near the sleep button, and the screen was totally scratched. So I took off the protector and put on a new one. :)

I don't like cases either, but invisible screen protectors are a definite YES.

12. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Once, and it fell while sitting on my leg in the car and landed on the carpeted floor of my car, no damage whatsoever. I keep it in a Griffin Leather Case 24/7...:eek:

13. Jayden0606 macrumors 6502

If you are counting since July 11th, once. If you are counting since my exchange at the end of July, none!

14. kobefan234 macrumors 6502

kobefan234

I have dropped mine 3 times I have chipped off soMe of the plastic!

15. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

16. speedracer3000 macrumors 6502

just once but it was enough to be fatal
    cracked the screen and had to get it replaced
    I think I did cry
    get a case, your iphone will thank you

17. fishmoose macrumors 68000

I dropped mine once on a bathroom floor not that hard thou so it was okay, but i have a case and screen protector so i should be okay in most situations.

18. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Haven't dropped mine yet. Mainly because I keep it in a silicon skin and a carry case.

I dropped my 1st gen iPhone mainly because I was being stubborn like yourself. I agree that when you place the iPhone in a case, it defeats the purpose of the design. Then I quickly discovered that it's easier (and cheaper) for prevention rather than getting the darn phone fixed after the fact.

19. robertatwb macrumors member

robertatwb

I've either been real lucky or real careful but no drops here.

20. zachplaysguitar macrumors 6502

zachplaysguitar

I wake up in cold sweats from nightmares about this.

21. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I dropped my iphone once at the gym inside a silicone case and thought I was lucky to have bought the case. pfft! Later, I realized the case *itself* was causing scratches when particles would get trapped in between the silicone and the surface of the phone.

I'm caseless for now and have been enjoying the phone a lot more. Though I know I will cry on that fateful day when I ineveitably drop it onto concrete. However, I saw a woman drop her 1st gen iphone screen down directly onto the sidewalk with no case. I gasped. She picked it up and continued her call no worse for the wear -- so I think these things might be more durable than we give them credit for.

22. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I have my iPhone naked too.

I dropped my first Gen iPhone ONCE on the linoleum floor in the bathroom... no damage. I haven't dropped my 3G yet.

I wear an Incase holster on my hip, but that's only when I'm not using the iPhone... when I pull it out of the holster, I use it naked. I've started to hate cases after I would buy like 5 or 6 cases for the same Apple product and I NEVER like them. I might use a case for like a week and then tell myself "Why the heck am I covering up this awesome design just to make it more bulky and ugly?". Then I just decided to be more careful with it. Wearing a case on an iPhone is kinda like wearing a helmet... it looks goofy but, then again... you feel like you're willing to take more risks.

23. DaZe3 macrumors member