iPad How Many use the iPad Air for music

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Scarpad, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

If so what apps do you use and how do you use it, Headphones, thru a system of some kind?

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Have iPad 3rd gen. Don't listen to music much tho but when i do its on my phone.

3. Bear macrumors G3

If I'm using my iPad, why should I have to pull out another device to listen to music?

I have some of the music I own loaded on it and I have the NPR Music app. And I'll use headphones or through my stereo via airplay to an AirPort Express.

4. mfr1340 macrumors regular

bluetooth headsets

I have both inside bt ear buds and over the ear bt headsets and a nice portable two speaker fm radio with bt hook-up. Once you pair them with all your igear, they will sink up on their own when you turn them on.

5. iJeremy macrumors member

iJeremy

Good sound quality

Since the iPad 3 the sound quality has been excellent through the headphone jack on the full size iPad providing you have good headphones of course. Not so good on the iPad 1 or 2 or the original iPad mini. Just my opinion.

6. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Have had iPads, but never listen to music through them unless its pandora or some other streaming app to speakers. The space is to little to hold a decent library for me, so I just end up using my classic.

7. Scarpad thread starter macrumors 68000

Scarpad

got a 128gb just because I figured I'd put some music on it, I'd use iTunes match but the service still has a lot of issues

8. iJeremy macrumors member

iJeremy

128 storage

I bought the iPad Air 128GB just to put my music on also. All my music is in apple lossless so it takes up a lot of space.

9. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Airplay wirelessly to various locations in house.

ITunes Match, Pandora, or iTunes Radio. I don't store much media on iPad.

10. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Just seems so cumbersome listening to music with headphones out of an iPad.

11. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

I only have a playlist of my top 30 favorite songs on my ipad mini because it's just not a device made for music- i use my iPod nano 7g for music.

12. iJeremy macrumors member

iJeremy

IPad music for travel

I keep music on my iPad for travel, which is frequent. Otherwise I use airplay through my home hi-fi system also, via my main music library on my mac. The sound quality on the iPad through headphones is good enough for travel purposes.

13. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

Zero music. Don't even have a single song on my old iPad 2 nor on the Air.

14. gatearray macrumors 65816

YMMV, but I've been using iTunes Match from the beginning and on multiple iOS devices and Macs, and it works very reliably for me, I probably surf my 80gb library for 6-8 hours a day.

In fact, none of my devices really store much music at all which allows me to choose a smaller capacity iPhone and iPad because of this $24.99/year subscription I was already using, as everything is basically streamed on demand. And as a bonus, no commercials on iTunes Radio! :)

15. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

I teach guitar and find my iPad invaluable during lessons. I use GarageBand with some of my students who are into composing songs. I use Anytune Pro for slowing down songs and changing their pitch so students can play along to a song at their pace. I use FourChords for some of my students who are beginning to strum open chords.
    Lastly I have a couple of flash card apps for learning to sightread, and a couple of guitar tablature apps that will play a song while displaying the tab.
    I usually connect to a bluetooth speaker so that the iPad can be heard over two guitars.

16. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

I just put some songs on my iPad for a custom GTA Playlist that will play those songs during game play. Most my music is streamed from my BOX account but I do keep some soul & funk in FLAC on my iPad. (Play with FlacPlayer app)

Other than that I make my own music using APPS like Cubasis and Nanostudio.

I mostly jam out with headphones and a pair of studio monitors.

17. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Use it for music while on treadmill. Connect it to a Bose soundlink 2 and all is good with the world. Mix of MP3s and iTunes songs.

18. DaCurmudgen macrumors regular

This.

This.

I also use an iXY mic and RODE Rec to capture live music, which I then edit using Logic ProX and my iPad 3 or rMini as a controller for mixing or keyboard to play additional instruments or FX. I use AirPlay or the headphone out to play in family room and stereos, and have been considering a bluetooth speaker for ultimate sound system portability.

As for apps: Rode Rec, nanostudio, iMaschine, Garageband, Logic Remote, Bloom, Sounddrop, Figure, Musyc. I've also been curious about Audiobus (a way to connect music apps to other music apps), but I haven't gotten around to it yet. The iPad (as well as iPhone) do music very, very well.

19. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

I've got music on it because I can (iTunes Match), but frankly I rarely listen to music on it.

20. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Does my iPad rMini count - I use that to listen to music (using Pandora or iTunes Radio). I use a mixture of headphones and its speaker.

21. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

I either use my iPhone when out and about or my iMac when in the house for listening to music. Don't have the need or space on my iPad for my iTunes library.

22. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

23. CEmajr macrumors 601

I don't have any music physically loaded onto my iPad but I do plug it in to my home stereo quite often to play music. I use iTunes Match, Pandora, and iTunes Radio on it.

24. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I mainly use my iPhone for music, but when travel on train I use my iPad as well, with my high quality headset.

25. Prabas macrumors 6502a

Prabas

Podcast music/Spotify/Radio when reading, browsing web etc. No headphones though. It looks and feels kinda weird, also stereo speakers are surprisingly good compared to iPhone's mono ;)