iPad How Many use the iPad Air for music

Scarpad

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
If so what apps do you use and how do you use it, Headphones, thru a system of some kind?

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
If so what apps do you use and how do you use it, Headphones, thru a system of some kind?
If I'm using my iPad, why should I have to pull out another device to listen to music?

I have some of the music I own loaded on it and I have the NPR Music app. And I'll use headphones or through my stereo via airplay to an AirPort Express.

mfr1340

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2011
n. cal
bluetooth headsets

I have both inside bt ear buds and over the ear bt headsets and a nice portable two speaker fm radio with bt hook-up. Once you pair them with all your igear, they will sink up on their own when you turn them on.

iJeremy

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2007
San Clemente, California
Good sound quality

Since the iPad 3 the sound quality has been excellent through the headphone jack on the full size iPad providing you have good headphones of course. Not so good on the iPad 1 or 2 or the original iPad mini. Just my opinion.

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Have had iPads, but never listen to music through them unless its pandora or some other streaming app to speakers. The space is to little to hold a decent library for me, so I just end up using my classic.

Scarpad

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
got a 128gb just because I figured I'd put some music on it, I'd use iTunes match but the service still has a lot of issues

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011
Airplay wirelessly to various locations in house.

ITunes Match, Pandora, or iTunes Radio. I don't store much media on iPad.

iPodJedi

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2013
Apple Store, USA
I only have a playlist of my top 30 favorite songs on my ipad mini because it's just not a device made for music- i use my iPod nano 7g for music.

iJeremy

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2007
San Clemente, California
IPad music for travel

I keep music on my iPad for travel, which is frequent. Otherwise I use airplay through my home hi-fi system also, via my main music library on my mac. The sound quality on the iPad through headphones is good enough for travel purposes.

gatearray

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
got a 128gb just because I figured I'd put some music on it, I'd use iTunes match but the service still has a lot of issues
YMMV, but I've been using iTunes Match from the beginning and on multiple iOS devices and Macs, and it works very reliably for me, I probably surf my 80gb library for 6-8 hours a day.

In fact, none of my devices really store much music at all which allows me to choose a smaller capacity iPhone and iPad because of this $24.99/year subscription I was already using, as everything is basically streamed on demand. And as a bonus, no commercials on iTunes Radio! :)

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area, California
I teach guitar and find my iPad invaluable during lessons. I use GarageBand with some of my students who are into composing songs. I use Anytune Pro for slowing down songs and changing their pitch so students can play along to a song at their pace. I use FourChords for some of my students who are beginning to strum open chords.
Lastly I have a couple of flash card apps for learning to sightread, and a couple of guitar tablature apps that will play a song while displaying the tab.
I usually connect to a bluetooth speaker so that the iPad can be heard over two guitars.

master-ceo

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
The SUN
I just put some songs on my iPad for a custom GTA Playlist that will play those songs during game play. Most my music is streamed from my BOX account but I do keep some soul & funk in FLAC on my iPad. (Play with FlacPlayer app)

Other than that I make my own music using APPS like Cubasis and Nanostudio.

I mostly jam out with headphones and a pair of studio monitors.

s2mikey

macrumors 68020
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
Use it for music while on treadmill. Connect it to a Bose soundlink 2 and all is good with the world. Mix of MP3s and iTunes songs.

DaCurmudgen

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2012
YMMV, but I've been using iTunes Match from the beginning and on multiple iOS devices and Macs, and it works very reliably for me, I probably surf my 80gb library for 6-8 hours a day.

In fact, none of my devices really store much music at all which allows me to choose a smaller capacity iPhone and iPad because of this $24.99/year subscription I was already using, as everything is basically streamed on demand. And as a bonus, no commercials on iTunes Radio! :)
This.

Other than that I make my own music using APPS like Cubasis and Nanostudio.

I mostly jam out with headphones and a pair of studio monitors.
This.

I also use an iXY mic and RODE Rec to capture live music, which I then edit using Logic ProX and my iPad 3 or rMini as a controller for mixing or keyboard to play additional instruments or FX. I use AirPlay or the headphone out to play in family room and stereos, and have been considering a bluetooth speaker for ultimate sound system portability.

As for apps: Rode Rec, nanostudio, iMaschine, Garageband, Logic Remote, Bloom, Sounddrop, Figure, Musyc. I've also been curious about Audiobus (a way to connect music apps to other music apps), but I haven't gotten around to it yet. The iPad (as well as iPhone) do music very, very well.

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
I've got music on it because I can (iTunes Match), but frankly I rarely listen to music on it.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Does my iPad rMini count - I use that to listen to music (using Pandora or iTunes Radio). I use a mixture of headphones and its speaker.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I don't have any music physically loaded onto my iPad but I do plug it in to my home stereo quite often to play music. I use iTunes Match, Pandora, and iTunes Radio on it.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
I mainly use my iPhone for music, but when travel on train I use my iPad as well, with my high quality headset.

Prabas

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2010
Europe
Podcast music/Spotify/Radio when reading, browsing web etc. No headphones though. It looks and feels kinda weird, also stereo speakers are surprisingly good compared to iPhone's mono ;)