Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hotwire132002

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 24, 2004
Cadillac, MI
Here's the deal. I recently registered local2tv.com -- I was working to start a small local TV station (again) but the plans fell through (again :rolleyes:).

Anyway -- in the past, I've simply let domains I'm not using expire. However, I'm thinking this is probably a waste, and I'm wondering if I might be able to make a couple bucks selling the domain rather than just dropping it.

I have no idea how I might go about doing so, however -- but I figured someone here might be able to point me in the right direction. Thanks very much for any advice!

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
Here's the deal. I recently registered local2tv.com -- I was working to start a small local TV station (again) but the plans fell through (again :rolleyes:).

Anyway -- in the past, I've simply let domains I'm not using expire. However, I'm thinking this is probably a waste, and I'm wondering if I might be able to make a couple bucks selling the domain rather than just dropping it.

I have no idea how I might go about doing so, however -- but I figured someone here might be able to point me in the right direction. Thanks very much for any advice!

depends on when it expires. If it's not for a while, you could put up a "this domain name is for sale" advertisement. Try Craigslist in a few cities, or even Ebay.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
there's a lot of aftermarket domain sales places

try looking around sedo.com or afternic.com

I don't think you'll get a whole lot for local2tv.com but you could prob make make registration at least. Alternatively, you can go the ebay route, or try one of the domain name specific forums.... http:///www.namepros.com for example

arn

nightelf

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2003
You could also park your domain at sedo.com. They can place ads in the site and share some of the revenues with you. You can still sell the domain later, but the money you get with the ads will at least help pay the domain registration for another year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.