How much do you think the new iMac would be when it comes out?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by stef n, Jun 16, 2012.

1. stef n macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm really tossing and turning about whether I should purchase an iMac now or just wait for the new one to come out with all its new specs even though I'm not totally 100% sure about its release date..

If I waited, how much do you think the new model would be?

Also would the latest iMac now go down in price?

Lastly, what are your opinions? Buy an iMac now or wait for the new?

This purchase would be my first ever apple product and a massive change from using my 4 year old Compaq presario c700 lol

Thanks

2. Tezcatlipoca macrumors regular

Tezcatlipoca

I'd assume that it would come in at exactly the same price points as exist at the moment.

e.g. the current 2011 entry-level iMac is £999 in the UK. The 2010 when that came out? £999... Same thing with the iPad etc., same price as the year before.

I'm waiting for the 2012 (like you it will be my first iMac). I've set myself a deadline though of the release of the new version of OS X, Mountain Lion. If the 2012 iMac is not out at/around that time, I'll just get a 2011 model...

There are a couple of threads already where other people are discussing whether to wait:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1386998

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1386670

3. kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

Who knows.

A little.

Flip a coin.

4. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

I would also expect pricing to be very similar based on previous refreshes. I w old say it's worth waiting if you can, at least to see if ML brings a refresh. Even if the new model turns out to be higher priced, you could pick up a 2011 refurb/stock clarence and save some cash.

5. stef n thread starter macrumors newbie

But the new mac pro with retina display costs a whole 700 pound more than the non retina display version..

6. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

There are lots of reasons for that.. the screen being one, and standard SSD being another.

If we go under the assumption that it's just a spec bump for the iMac this year -and this feels like a pretty safe assumption - then the 2012 prices will be similar to the 2011.

7. poppins55 macrumors newbie

That's because in apples eyes, it's a new product. If they go ahead and release a retina iMac, it'll be 'a new product' and the iMac lineup should remain the same.

8. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

With all due respect your post has me LMAO, why in the world do you think anyone here would have ANY idea how much a product that they don't know about will be priced? This is a rumor site, nothing here should be taken seriously when it comes to asking about un-unnounced or unreleased Apple products.

9. bogatyr macrumors 65816

I would bet the 2012 will have the current 2011 price. The 2011 will drop by 15% or so, including the refurbs which are already cut by 15% or so. Similar to the MBA 2012 and 2011.

10. stef n thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha, I don't mind, it's good to have a laugh

I just assumed some people had an idea what of the new 2012 specs would be and so would make some sort of estimate compared with past iMacs.

I know it's a rumour site but I'm sure that a lot of experienced Apple users on here would have some idea.

Thanks btw

----------

Thanks, just got to wait for announcements I guess.

11. leman macrumors 604

LOL, we don't even know when and whether there will be a new iMac ^^ Apple sure knows how to keep secrets.