Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I use my Apple TV once or twice a week and love it. I use airplay mostly. I would like to know how much you use your Apple TV. Do you have a Apple TV?

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
Every night we use it. We watch a tv show before bad and I love. We also stream movies from the Mac Mini once in a while and fall asleep to a movie. FYI, falling asleep to The Conjuring is not the best idea.

rcassano

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2009
Potomac, MD
Our family uses Apple TV everyday. We are seriously considering dumping cable since there is nothing of redeeming value on the 300 channels they offer. We also have a Roku which isn't bad but we prefer the Apple TV.

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
I use my Apple TV once or twice a week and love it. I use airplay mostly. I would like to know how much you use your Apple TV. Do you have a Apple TV?

Every day, usually Disney or Cartoon Network shows for the kids, and Netflix or HBO Go for me.

And podcasts - a lot for us!

Last edited:

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I do not have Netflix or anything like that so I use my apple tv for YouTube and iPad mirroring. I think its great so many or you are using apple tv. Thank you for replying!:):apple:

scapegoat81

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2012
Philly
I need another for my bedroom but holding out for a hardware update. Hopefully the rumor mill will start early next year...

Outdoorsben

macrumors member
May 23, 2011
Western Mass
It's my form of TV. I ditched cable and get local HD OTA in the bedroom and living room. I use it with my iPad Mini RD, wife's MacBook, and her iPhone 5S. All it needs is amazon prime and it'll be perfect. I would also like some more iCloud integration.

scottw324

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012
Daily. Netflix, airplay from my iP5. I download a lot of movies and tv shows. If I import them to iTunes then I watch the directly using the computer app on the atv3. If they are still sitting in the folder I download content to, I airplay it from my phone to the tv. I have three ATV3s in my house. I use two of them each day. It is how we watch most of our video content. Still have cable at the moment but may ditch that soon too. Never watch it.

----------

It's my form of TV. I ditched cable and get local HD OTA in the bedroom and living room. I use it with my iPad Mini RD, wife's MacBook, and her iPhone 5S. All it needs is amazon prime and it'll be perfect. I would also like some more iCloud integration.

You can airplay amazon prime from your phone or iPad to the tv.

mwalters

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2012
Every day, it is our main method of watching things on the TV. We stream netflix, hbogo, and things off a Mini. We have 3 of them in the house now.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I use mine every day. It's my primary, rather, only source of "TV."

How does that hold up as your only source? What subscriptions do you use for it?

I mainly use it for Plex to AirPlay it via my iPad, and I occasionally listen to music through my iTunes Match subscription.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
How does that hold up as your only source? What subscriptions do you use for it?

I mainly use it for Plex to AirPlay it via my iPad, and I occasionally listen to music through my iTunes Match subscription.

Netflix, iTunes and various podcasts provide me with all the entertainment I need. Plus I like iTunes Radio a lot as well.

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
Almost every day mostly for netflix, but lately ive been having fun with airplay also, th experience was atrocious because of my wireess G router. Change it for a wireless N and now airplay is now no buffering anymore

Dark Dragoon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2006
UK
I use mine daily for a mixture of Netflix, Crunchyroll and Youtube (I follow some LP series).

I also have Freesat (got rid of the Sky subscription) though it rarely gets used nowadays.

mddharma

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2005
Hagerstown, Md
Daily ...

We use the apple tv for netflix and hulu plus. We have a panasonic st60 "smart tv" but netflix and hulu plus have a better ui on the apple tv. In addition, we have a roku 3 we only use for amazon prime and some news channel clips. We have cut the cable completely and save a TON. We will buy some series from iTunes when we see a good price or they have a complete series sale like BSG.:) Bought a few movies the same way. Even after buying we still are way ahead money wise.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
It's my only device for getting content on my TV.

We have multiple around the house with plex, netflix, iTunes, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.