How much does a brand new iPhone generally cost when it's released?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lewismayell, Mar 7, 2014.

1. lewismayell, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014

lewismayell macrumors 6502a

I'm talking about freshly released iPhones, I've never bought one within a month or so offing released, but this year my contract will run out just before and I'll wait a bit, I just want to get an idea of how much I'll need to save, I'm 17 so I don't have money "on-tap" my parents help with my phone at the moment, I'm probably looking around £35-40ish per month I suppose, mostly I'm just interested in how much the outright costs will be.

To buy a 5s now with 4g would cost me £42 per month and £99 outright, is this about the same generally for newly released phones, I know no one knows for sure yet, but for a rough idea. Thanks (sorry for the long question) ((I'm from England, price-wise))

2. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

bout 800.

3. lewismayell thread starter macrumors 6502a

Seriously, on contract?

4. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

5. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

My bad....didn't catch the contract part.

6. lewismayell thread starter macrumors 6502a

I did, but are mean like within the first month of being released? Are they same price throughout their life or do they get cheaper?

----------

Haha, thank Christ

7. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Day one it cost the same as day 30/60/90 unless a store like Walmart has a sales promotion, and drops it a little bit. From Apple Store or online its the same until a new release.

8. lewismayell thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's fine then, so it should cost me about the same as what I'm seeing, ok.

Thank you

9. 869639 macrumors 6502

unlike other brands, iPhone prices tend to remain the same throughout the year until next model is launched.

10. Mrbobb macrumors 601

That sounds about right for ANY newly released iPhone with contract (we say SUBSIDIZED in America).

Don't use the word outright. Outright in America means you want a no-contract phone. Rather you want to say, in American, up-front cost.

11. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Who is to say thats the correct way of saying it? :rolleyes: Plus, OP is from UK so whats your point?